07 | Ignorance is bliss

Ezhil Sirju

I closed the door behind me, trying to be as quiet as possible. Not wanting Samuel to look me up from head to toe and bombard me with questions. Perhaps I should tell him that I almost died yet mentioning another mine might not be smart. To my luck he sat on the couch with his best friend watching a football game that was on. His favorite team on the winning side had made him happy, so happy that he didn't notice me leaving the house and coming back 3 hours later.

"Oh baby can get me some fried wings you made earlier?" He wondered without removing his eyes from the screen.

"Sure." I said as I quickly went to the kitchen and put some on the plate for him to devour. Placed the plate in front of him which only caused him to groan loudly. He pulled me right into his lap and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Ugh can't you do that somewhere else?" Wilson asked, slightly irritated.

Samuel laughed amused. "I think it's time you go on blind dates. You're not getting any younger." He reminded his best friend.

Wilson simply grabbed his beer and took another sip. "Perhaps it is time." He responded, causing me to laugh softly.

"The youngest on the team just turned 20. Can you imagine a freshly turned 20 year old making in a minute what I make in a month." Wilson spoke distractedly. Watched the screen with envy plastered all over his face. Probably wishing he had what they did.

Samuel jokingly pushed his friend. "You sound bitter. We earn good money, and live good enough lives." Wilson laughed yet there was nothing amusing. His smile quickly faded away as he took another sip from his beer.

As soon as the game came to its end, Wilson grabbed his car keys from the table in a rush. Said his goodbye before he practically hurried out of the house. Suspiciously I glanced out of the window. Angrily tapping away on his phone before he drove off.

"He didn't seem too happy." I shared with Samuel. Concern written all over my face.

Samuel pulls me back into his lap. His hands resting on my lower back and only traveling further down.

"He is always like that, Ezhil." He tried to reassure me but I knew exactly what he was like.

"I don't know Samuel, he seemed much more somber." I tried to convince him.

"I'll call him later." He reassured me again, I nodded my head in agreement. From how zoned out he was while watching his favorite football team, there was definitely something wrong.

"You seem so concerned for my friend." He whispered in my ear as he laid me on my back.

"What?" I asked him taken back.

He now laid on top of me. Placing soft kisses on my collarbone. "You paid a lot of attention to him. I feel a bit jealous." His hand found its way inside my pants.

"S-Samuel." I stutter. "Not on the couch."

His laugh fills the living room. "Why not? It's our couch." He answered amused.

"Our couch but people actually sit on it." I debated. "We should head to the bed-" placed my hand on my mouth, embarrassed. Not wanting to moan too loudly.

Samuel laughed amused. "Come on, moan for me." He spoke aroused.

We get interrupted by my phone ringing. Samuel clearly wants to continue but I can't help being concerned. "Who is it?"

Annoyed, Samuel glanced over to my phone. "Your friend." He answered, and I immediately pushed him off me to answer the phone.

"Yes Gigi?" The other line is quiet. Other than cries and panicking voices I couldn't hear my friend.