02 | Rainy days

Marco Revello

"Alvize Vinci? Pretty sure your name is Marco Revello." My assistant comments as she sits in front of me. Crossed her arms as she glanced at me skeptically. I tried my hardest to ignore her but I know from experience that she will pester me until I answer.

"Well...she didn't have to know." I answered back as I glanced at the files that were sitting on my desk. I'll never see the beautiful woman again. The lie that escaped my lips was insignificant.

"You're unbelievable." She scoffed. Her gaze fixated on me. Clearly displeased by my actions. "I don't remember you being a painter." She continues with disappointment filling up her eyes.

"Believe it or not that part is true." I told her as I scanned my schedule for the next day.

"You have officially lost it Mr Revello." She went on causing me to raise an eyebrow at her words. A sentence that I hear from her at least five times a day. The relationship between employee and employer shouldn't look like this, but she has helped me ever since I moved to London so I suppose she gets a pass.

"Either way the company dinner was a success not necessarily how Massimo would have done it b-"

"Massimo is on parental leave. You're dealing with me Miss Singh." I spoke with authority, my gaze fixated on her.

Miss Singh cleared her throat before continuing. "Right, my apologies. The company dinner was successful however your employees have yet to find out what you actually look like. They are speculating that you have a form of social anxiety. Others think that you don't want to waste any time with them. It is becoming..." Miss Singh looked around my office, searching for the perfect word. "Bothersome." She eventually breathes out.

I knew this was coming. They are used to seeing my brother's face each morning. He is the one that stands proudly in the spotlight while I do my work from the shadows. Yet now that he is absent, they must be curious as to who I am or what I'm like.

"What do you suggest I do to handle the situation?" I questioned her, causing her to break out into a big smile.

"Well you can start with coming through the front door instead of sneaking through the backdoor." She advised me but I simply didn't like that.

"I have to?" I asked her with raised eyebrows.

Miss Singh nods her head. "If you want them to feel at ease, yes you have to."

Social interactions were bothersome. Having to smile and converse with people is tiring. "Alright, is there anything else you like to remind me about?" I wondered and she shook her head.

"No Mr Revello that was all." She replied. I watch her strut away and close the door behind her. Leaving me alone,causing my mind to wander.

It's only been a few weeks since I have been here. It was so different from Italy. Somewhere It feels as if I left my entire life behind ever since my plane landed in London. With a sigh I stood up from my chair. Pushed the curtains aside as I looked through the window. Shaking my head while my eyes roamed around. Being here for my new company was just a facade.

The knocking on my door brought me out of my thoughts. Rhys, my right handed man walks through the door. The frantic look on his face told me enough. He handed me his tablet and stood as far away from me. A frown made its way on my face as I watched the camera footage. Two masked men breaking into my driver's vehicle. Dragging him out and beating him up. After he lay on the floor unresponsive, they went to the back and filled their bags up with my merchandise.

"Rhys." I call out to him, my gaze never leaving him.

"I have been up all night looking for them sir." He tries to defend himself.