20 | A cold shower

Marco Revello

"Promise me, Marco."

Ezhil's voice echoed through my mind. Her pleading eyes, desperately waiting for an answer. A life of violence was not one she wanted to live. She made it clear and I promised I'll let her go, I gave her my word.

I was done lying, but I'll be a fool if I let her slip out of my grasp. Watch how she slowly fades away from my vision. Live her own life somewhere else with another man. Form her own little family. If not wanting to see her happy with someone else made me selfish, then I'll gladly be selfish. I'll hold on to her for as long as I'm allowed.

"Marco?" Rhys called out for me.

"Sorry, continue."

"Mr Reed is out of the country. He was spotted in Italy at one of his many farms. However...his daughter is still here." Rhys informed him.

"His daughter." I whispered to myself. Imagining the young woman. Her blond locks and bright smile invaded my mind.

"Isabelle trusts you. You have known her for quite some time now. It would be rather easy to fool her." Rhys explained himself further.

"I'm not sure I-" I trailed off as Ezhil entered the living room with Sophia right behind her. Her hair was different from what I was used to. Braids cascading down her back while she wore a tight black mini dress. With raised eyebrows my eyes slowly travel to Sophia. Rhys smiled as he took her in but quickly averted his gaze as I caught him.

"Where are you going dressed like that?"

"Come on Marco, she has been locked inside this apartment ever since she got here. Besides, Wally told me we could go."

I scoffed as I glanced over at Rhys. "Wally?" I questioned him with a frown on my face.

He cleared his throat. "I did tell her that. It's down the streets from here. Maximum security." He explained himself and I sighed loudly knowing well he was talking about my club that had just opened.

"Come on Marco, my favorite grumpy bear." She pleaded with me like she had done as we were children. Her familiar nickname caused me to sigh loudly.

"You want to join her." I asked as my eyes were on the documents that were plastered across the table.

"I do." She replied, causing me to look up to meet her beautiful eyes. I rose up from my seat as I grabbed my keys from the counter.

"You're coming?" Sophia asked taken-back. I simply nodded my head.

We walked out of the tall building. The women in the front as we tailed right behind them. Unlocked my car and drove to our destination.

My club came into view after a few minutes. Neon red lights and loud music caused me to wish I had stayed home. Bodies pressed to one another. The smell of alcohol invaded my nostrils. Sophia grabbed Ezhil's hand and they slowly disappeared in the mass. I took this opportunity to look around the club. It was my first time here ever since it was opened. I was drowned with work making it impossible to see how it's doing.

I had asked for maximum security inside and outside the building. A smile creeps up my face as my employees were doing what was asked of them. They were easy to distinguish by their shirts with the club's logo on it. I headed towards the bar and sat down. From where I'm sitting I could see Ezhil in the crowd dancing with Sophia. She seemed much happier than she did at home. A smile graced her face as she moved freely with different melodies that were being played.

It must have been creepy with how my gaze was fixated on her. Following her every move. Scanning her face over and over again in the hopes I'll never forget any details. In the hopes that her face will be easy to remember once she leaves me.