04 | Watching eyes

Marco Revello

The loud banging on my door brought me out of my slumber. Annoyed, I dragged myself to my front door. Against my will I opened the door just to see a very irritated Miss Singh. 

"Mr Revello, you are late." She breathes out and I turn my back to her, heading back into bed.

"I checked my schedule, Miss Singh. I don't need to be at work." I answered her, causing her to sigh loudly.

"Said who?" She questioned me.

"Me."

"You can't do that." Her words made me turn around to face her. With raised eyebrows I observed her closely.

"I can't?" My gaze must have made her uncomfortable by the way she avoided eye contact. Miss Singh instead walked towards my bedroom. Looked through my closet with determination. "Miss Singh?" I called for her, not pleased with her actions.

"You have a meeting with the D.T. corporation in an hour. Then you have an interview with Odi magazine. Before your brother went on parental leave he approved of opening a new branch. You must go and see if everything is running smoothly." She rambled on. "Besides, it's too of an important day for you not to be at work."

"Miss Singh." She looks into my direction. "Breathe." I reminded her, making her cheeks warm up. She lays my suit on my bed.

"Well...I'll give you time to get ready." Miss Singh speed walks out of my bedroom.

I start getting ready for the day. Miss Singh followed my every move, making me wonder if she acted like this with Massimo as well. Tailing right behind me each time I even move. By the time I reach my car she is scanning what seems to be my schedule for the day.

"I asked you if you had anything to remind me?" I told her as I drove away.

"I know, I'm terribly sorry. I had the wrong documents before me." She explains visibly stressed. My mouth was slightly open, ready to tell her she should do her job better. Yet I held myself back. Put all my focus on the road. It was morning for the both of us. The scolding can wait.

My company building came into view. Normally I'll sneak in through the back but today I decided against it. Parked my car and headed inside. My hands are buried inside of my pockets as Miss Singh walks in front of me. A few break their necks to stare at me as I pass by them. Eyes filled with wonder. Miss Singh sticking her arm out the elevator to make sure it doesn't suddenly close before I could get it, probably made my employees more confused.

Once we arrived on the fifth floor, I noticed a few people sitting behind their desks while very muscular men walked past us in a rush.

"This is the new branch?" I questioned my assistant, causing her to nod her head eagerly.

Before any decision is made my brother has to consult me. Only when I agree can things be put into motion. Perhaps he has mentioned something about wanting to offer another service to people however I can't remember agreeing.

A tall man approached me with curiosity swimming in his irises. "Excuse me, who are you?" He asked.

"Your boss." I replied as I paid attention to how things seemed to be running smoothly.

The man was confused and stared at me as if I grew three heads. "What?"

"Those men are bodyguards, correct?" I questioned the man, making him nod his head.

"Yes, they get assigned to celebrities, companies. Anyone in need of them." The man replied and I nodded my head in understanding. I turned around upon remembering why my brother wanted to open a new branch. This was his way of making us seem less suspicious.