𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 week before any break is always horrible in schools.

The students know that they have a break, and their behavior is off the walls.

Quincy's class isn't an exception either, her students were being downright trifling.

"Why do we have to do this?" One of her boys asks, slamming his pencil down after he couldn't phonetically blend a word.

"Remember, -ph makes an -f." Quinn tried to reason with him but was completely checked out.

"We just went over that! Are you serious?" An angry Noemi screamed from her new seat across the room, her last seating arrangement causing a huge disruption the other day.

"Everyone just pack up, we're going to be dismissed soon anyways." Quinn instructed, the students falling into their dismissal routine.

There was more day until Thanksgiving break and Quinn was exhausted.

Between grading the beginning of mid-winter assessments, making four lesson plans a day, formal observation by her administration, and trying to keep her life outside of work had Quinn ready to fall out.

As she began to hand back her students their homework packets, she thought about how she had barely spoken to Ignacio sent Sunday night.

He's been doing long hours at work and ever since our little publicity mishap people have been blowing up his line, either for interviews or endorsements.

Apparently seeing a man that's known for being a cold asshole with a new woman means that he would be susceptible to partnerships.

He's been spending all of his time denying these people and strengthening his bond with the company he's trying to take partial ownership of.

Ignacio couldn't explain all the details in depth to Quinn, but he had let her know the basics.

A deal like this would have his grandchildren's grandchildren set for life.

They still tried to make time during the day, Ignacio moving his "break" to the same time as Quinn's, not telling her that he doesn't take breaks, but that time slot is just blocked off so no meetings could be scheduled.

But Quinn missed him.

After spending the weekend together and agreeing to also spend time with Noemi outside of school, she missed the quality time she spent with the two of them.

"Ms. Brown! Can I lead the line today?"Noemi cheerfully asked, adjusting the winter hat on her head.

"No! You did it yesterday, Noemi-"

"Are you a girl? Why are you upset about the girl's line, Michael?!" Noemi raised her voice at the boy, who seemed to just roll his eyes in response.