𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘 was more than invasive.

But what could you expect from a maximum-security prison?

Visitors were surprisingly scarce, especially since it was a holiday. Many families have off for the holiday people used to feast, so why did it seem so empty and cold?

Well, more than usual.

Wringing her hands from nervousness as she waited at the cold metal table, Quinn was anxious to see the man she had missed since he landed himself here.

Smoothing her nametag on her sweater dress to ease her mind, she continued to fixate on her appearance, wanting to seem perfect.

Quinn felt her uneasy stomach clench and turn as the heavy footsteps and rattling of chains got closer, her eyes snapping up the tall silver bars that separated visitors from the inmates.

The guards that Quinn has become cordial with were the ones handling this visit, so she knew she would be able to have a smidge of physical contact.

God, how she missed him.

The perspiration on her palms grew as the room began to have more commotion, orders being screamed out as keys began to jingle, the man in question finally showing his face after the gate was pushed open for him.

An inaudible gasp left Quinn's lips as her eyes began to water, her heart clenching at the handsome man in front of her.

Her body willed itself on its own, making her stand to her feet as the guards uncuffed him, quietly apologizing for having to cuff him so tight since the supervisors were around.

"It's alright, man. How much time do we have?" His husky but warm voice asked, surprisingly polite to those who had authority over him.

"We can do a 45 today, there's not much foot traffic today." The guard quipped, giving a singular nod to Quinn before leaving the visitation room.

Taking his time walking towards the table, his sparkling white teeth beamed at Quinn as he took his calculated strides, making sure not to trip himself on his ankle cuffs.

Quinn couldn't contain herself, bolting towards him and almost knocking him over, nestling her face in the crook of his neck, her arms around his neck as she quite literally hugged him like the tree he was.

"Avi," He huffed deeply as he hugged the young woman back, squeezing her in their embrace. "I missed you, baby girl."

The tears didn't even try to make themselves discreet as they ran down her face, a silent sob racking through Quinn's body.

"I hate that you're in here, Armani." Quinn sniffed, shaking her head in disbelief like the man hadn't been locked up in this hell for the past 4 and a half years.