𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲

𝐓𝐇𝐄 weekend went by way too fast for Quinn's liking.

Rubbing her eyes off the sleep she so desperately wanted to get back to, she began to get up, getting ready for her job that was being very unfair right now.

Padding over to her bathroom, she squinted when adjusting to the lights she had turned on, her eyes fixating on the fine jewelry Ignacio had gifted her two nights ago, unable to hide the Cheshire grin on her face.

The best part was the engraving of the first letters of both their names, along with an infinity sign that had her heart bursting at the seams.

This was the last week of work until winter break, which was way more than needed.

This Monday was more of a nuisance than usual. Being ordered to come into work by 7:00 in the morning for a mandatory meeting was more than foolish to Quinn, especially since those aren't contracted hours for most employees in the building.

Nonetheless, Quinn got up with a smile and got ready for the day, getting to work by 6:45 and setting her belongings down in her classroom, sipping on the coffee that she thankfully was able to get on her way to work.

Quinn had thought that they were just having a small conference about the test scores that had finally been returned to the school.

She knew that Ridgewood Elementary For The Gifted was still the top primary school in the state, but their marks did drop a couple of points when comparing scores to last year's.

But Quinn couldn't have been any more wrong.

When walking into the gymnasium, she didn't see Nicole yet, but knowing her, she was going to be late even though being on time was needed for this specified meeting.

The urgent email from the district made it alarming enough.

"Glad to see everyone was able to make it this morning, and our apologies for the last-minute change to our Monday schedule." Assistant Principal Jenkins spoke into the microphone, standing beside the school's principal and other administrative staff.

Quinn's face couldn't hide her confusion, wondering what the pressing issue had to be if the entire school staff had to be present for this one meeting. Why couldn't their grade representatives be there to take in all the information and relay it to all the other teachers?

If this shit could've been sent in an email, Quinn was going to be pissed.

"Since this is a more pressing matter, we are going to cut to the chase, not wanting to cause any more strain on tour schedules," Jenkins cleared her throat, placing her notes on the podium in front of her, all of the staff standing and facing her.