:026

Author's pov:

In the extravagant halls of the Serenity Estate, the maids and servants scurried about with their tasks. Dusting off the furnishings, polishing the wooden surfaces until they glimmered under the soft glow of chandeliers. Every task was supposed to be handled meticulously, making sure the manor looked as elegant as ever.

Meanwhile, in the expansive kitchen, the hands of the skilled chefs were busy preparing a sumptuous feast for Grandma Park's guests, who she invited for dinner soon after her arrival from the business trip. Ever since Jimin told her about the Kim family, Grandma was way too excited to reunite with her late son's friend's family. She was eager to meet the young man, who was once the little baby she used to sing lullabies for.

“Mr. Kim, I shall not see anything lacking in the preparations! I'm meeting them after a long time, ensure that everything goes smoothly.” She ordered.

She moved around the long mahogany table that was draped with grand table linen. The fabric, rich and unblemished, cascaded over the edges. At the heart of the table was a majestic gold candelabra, its polished crystal arms holding tall, ivory candles. Fine china sets were being placed before each chair, their delicate designs adding to the elegance. Grandma's expression turned impressive at the sight before her.

“Don't worry, ma'am. Everything shall be perfect!” Mr. Kim assured, as he trailed behind her.

Grandma Park stopped by the living room where the usual brown carpet was being replaced with a cream lavish carpet. She gasped evidently, “Are you still not done here? What are you all doing? The guests will be here in half an hour and you are still changing carpets?” She yelled, her gaze averted to the everyday paintings hung on the wall and she instructed for their removal and asked it to be replaced with something more fancy.

Mr. Kim sighed, he moved forward and calmed her down, “Ma'am, I will ensure that everything will be done in a few minutes. I apologize for their leisure actions. I advise you to leave it all on me.” He gave a reassuring nod to her with a sweet smile.

She stared at each one of the workers and sighed as her eyes landed on her secretary, “Fine. Let everyone know that all the work should be done in fifteen minutes otherwise, they know the consequences.” She warned.

Mr. Kim bowed at her and watched her walk away to her room upstairs, he heaved out a sigh and turned towards the workers, “You heard the lady, people. Get back to working or pack your bags!” He shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

Time passed by and as per Grandma's orders, everything was done within the deadline with no breaks whatsoever. Now that was the life of a person working under the formidable old woman.

Grandma Park walked downstairs, wearing one of her favorite dresses, a tailored deep navy evening gown featuring intricate beadwork, adding a touch of grace without overwhelming the look.

Her gray hair pulled back into a sleek bun, highlighting her neck that was adorned with a delicate diamond necklace with matching earrings dangling off her ears. A pair of classic heels completed her elegant look. If it wasn't for the wrinkles and the old gray hair, one would find her as young as ever.

“Wow, you look beautiful!” Jimin giggled as he slouched on the couch sporting a Sacramento green polo knit T-shirt with black denim pants.

“I know!” She exclaimed, happily twirling around in her favorite dress.

“But you exaggerated it, granny.” He stated, shaking his head slightly making her frown as she approached him.

“What do you mean?”