:014

Author's pov:

The sweet chocolaty aroma of the hot coffee filled Taehyung's room as he bought two cups in a tray, one for him and the other for his friend, Carol. It was the weekend and the two friends had decided to meet up at his place to study for their upcoming exams.

"Thank you." Carol muttered with a smile as she took the cup from him and placed it down on the bedside table. Taehyung reciprocated the smile and sat opposite of her on the bed and kept the tray beside them.

"Mom is making some cookies for us!" He chirped and opened his English book.

A wide smile appeared on Carol's face as she clapped happily, "I love your mom! She makes the best cookies."

Taehyung chuckled, "I know right. Now let's get back to studying." He said, pointing at her book.

She nodded, "William Shakespeare again?" She asked to see him reading one of the poet's works.

"You know how much I adore him. Can't get enough of his works." He pouted not taking his eyes off of his book.

Carol laughed while shaking her head, "Alright, alright. Can you give me your notes? I have to answer some questions."

He nodded and handed her his long note book, as she was about to grab it, a Polaroid fell on the bed from within the book. Carol being the curious cat, took the Polaroid and turned it in her hands only to see Taehyung and Jimin in it. The older one's hand on Taehyung's waist while the other one showing a Shaka sign, Taehyung had a cute shocking expression and frosting on his red hair.

"Aww, so cute." She squealed as she held it close to her eyes as if wanting to imprint it in her mind forever.

Taehyung looked up at her with a frown as he wondered about why the pretty lady in front of him was acting weird, but the moment he saw her holding a Polaroid which had '1/9/21' scribbled on the back side, his eyes dilated and he quickly snatched it away from his best friend.

"Don't look at that!" He half shouted at her making her confused, the picture was embarrassing yet was a lovely moment for him that he didn't want anyone to notice. He wanted that moment for himself.

"Why? You guys look so cute together!" Carol whined, trying to get back the Polaroid so that she can awe at them again.

But Taehyung hid it behind him and shook his head, "Shut up. It's nothing cute." He scowled.

She rolled her eyes, "Okay. But let me see it once." Her plea fell on deaf ears as he stood up from the bed and walked towards his wardrobe, opening it he placed the Polaroid in between his clothes and closed it.

"You are sus, Kim Taehyung. What's going on between you two?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she bore holes on his back.

He sighed and turned around to meet her brown eyes, "It's nothing." He continued, "I will get the cookies for us." He tried to divert the topic but it was of no use as Carol ran towards him and blocked his way.

"Am I not your best friend, Taetae?" She questioned in a baby voice, "hmm?" Her puppy doe eyes melted him like butter as he gave in and rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Let's sit." He said and dragged her back to the bed, and got seated opposite each other.

Taehyung sipped his coffee and asked, "What do you want to know?"

"How did you guys get so close?" She asked, curiosity was evident in her excited tone.

Taehyung hummed and thought about him and Jimin, for the past few weeks they had been hanging out so much, be it at the old places which their parents used to take them before or the new ones Jimin took him to, they never failed to enjoy their day to the fullest. Apart from enjoying it, they would often open up to each other about certain topics, sharing their opinions on it.