:017

Author's pov:

The dark silence welcomed him as he opened the door of his library, he looked around the room and he could feel the pain locked inside each and every corner, the yearning for its real owner, for his Dad. A small smile displayed on his lips as he wondered how he and the library wished to get the same person back to life.

Jimin walked in leisurely, not even bothering to turn on the lights, his mind was racing with many thoughts. Why could he never make anyone happy? Why did everyone suffer because of him? He was such a disgrace.

His legs halted in front of the large window, and he looked up at the sky, even the moon seemed to be disappointed at his actions. He swallowed the lump in his throat as he remembered the precious words his dad had uttered to him.

‘Jimin-ah.’ He called faintly, as he stroked his son’s hair who was fast asleep on his bed after a long day. Jimin had sports day, he had won in every event that he had participated in, except for the relay race in which his team came last. He was upset because he was the one who tripped on the ground and couldn’t win it. He was demotivated.

‘You might think that you have failed, but you didn’t my boy. So what if you didn’t win the race? You won the hearts of all the people who were supporting you, you didn’t let their cheers go to waste. Instead of giving up, you stood on your feet and tried to win the race.’ He said he was one of those people who were supporting Jimin.

He had seen the audience go wild when Jimin stood up and ran again, the loud howls, claps and his names being called was the only thing Mr. Park could hear now. He chuckled and added, ‘You don’t know it, but you have made everyone happy, made them feel so proud of you just like how I am.’

He held Jimin’s little hands and continued, ‘And my only advice to you is, keep doing this. Don’t give up, try again, make them happy, let them be proud of you.’

Mr. Park kissed the crown of his head, ‘I will leave now, I love you. Sweet dreams.’ He smiled one last time before leaving the room, unaware that Jimin was just pretending to be asleep. How could he sleep when all he could think about was of the earlier events but thanks to his dad, all his demotivation had vanished into thin air. He smiled to himself.

‘I love you too, Dad. Thank you.’

A tear ran down his eye as he scoffed, his dad was so wrong about him. Who did he make proud now? Who was proud of him? Who was happy because of him? Nobody was.

“Why were you proud of me, Dad?” He asked, looking up at the sky as hot tears filled his eyes and rolled down his cheeks, he harshly wiped them away and added, “You see me, right? Grandma told me that you and mom see me everyday, Dad, are you proud of my actions?” His chest heaved up and down as he cried.

“Are you happy that I hurt Helvin? I hurt grandma with my lies, I hurt everybody!” His heart ached, he felt as if his heart would rip open with the excess amount of pain that slept in there. He couldn’t control his emotions, he didn’t know why he could never try and make someone happy.

He turned his back to the black sky and plopped down on the floor, pressing his knees to his chest and burying his face, he sobbed quietly. He felt so useless to his family and everyone else, he wished to die but he had no courage to physically harm himself.

Taehyung ran towards the library as fast as he could, he was worried, worried that something must have happened to Jimin and he might do something to himself, even though he knew the older wouldn’t, there was still a five percent possibility of self harm.