131 - 140

Chapter 131

Under the night sky,

the lights were just coming on.

The moat that spanned the entire city, with a width of 150 meters and a perimeter of 5,840 meters, cut across the two banks facing each other from afar.

On the river were five or six luxury cruise ships, with upper class socialites in gorgeous dresses holding champagne glasses, starting their nightlife on deck, arousing much envy from the people watching by the shore.

By the riverside was also docked a blue and white cruise ship.

Compared to the other cruise ships, this one, which had not yet begun operating, was deathly silent. Occasionally one could see staff members dressed in black suits walking around on it.

The lighting was also not as bright and colorful as on the other boats, but it was the largest of all the cruise ships, with a full five levels, completely overshadowing the others in size and appearance.

Even just sitting there motionless, it was still extremely eye-catching.

People continuously boarded the cruise ship, walking steadily and dressed low-key. They were all men, giving the impression that they were staff on the cruise ship. In any case, they did not look like tourists.

Around 10 o'clock,

the cruise ship moved,

slowly heading towards the center of the river.

The music hall was playing soothing pure music. Cautious Wei Qingyuan did not even hire a band or piano player. Besides the shadows on the ship, the only ones left were his own people.

However, Teng Yan was still uneasy.

On the fourth level,

in the luxury suite,

Wei Qingyuan sat facing two others.

Teng Yan picked up a bottle of red wine, opened it, and poured for the three.

"Father, you two talk slowly. I'll go outside and take a look."

Putting down the wine, Teng Yan left the suite and shut the door.

Then he started inspecting layer by layer: "All of you be vigilant and keep your eyes peeled, don't miss any unusual signs."

"Yes."

The well-trained bodyguards were stationed layer by layer, patrolling around.

No one noticed that there was an additional person on the cruise ship.

No one knew when that delicate figure boarded. Right under their noses, she passed through every corner of the ship as if no one was there,

randomly walking past them without a hint of sound.

Qiao Ying looked as if she was just strolling through a backyard. In her hands she carried a backpack, which after one round on the ship, was emptied.

Casually throwing away the now empty backpack into a corner, Qiao Ying dusted off her hands. Stuffing both hands into her pant pockets, her steps became even more leisurely.

"You guys, go down to the third floor to entertain guests. I'll come over after I finish patrolling up here." Teng Yan waved his hand to have the few people on the top deck go down.

Then he continued his inspection.

The corridor up ahead was a bit dark, one section blanketed in shadows. A petite figure with a high ponytail stood by the railing, appreciating the scenery while drinking, utterly carefreely.