101 - 110

Chapter 101

Qin Hanyue calmly replied, "I'm relieved to see you're not too upset over this."

As expected of a businessman, his words were both comforting and tactful, perfectly handling her "difficult" questioning.

Indeed, she had to admit his verbal skills far surpassed hers.

Qiao Ying decided not to "pester" him further.

The group first went to a restaurant for dinner.

Qiao Yi had not eaten anything since skipping dinner the night before to study late. His stomach was completely empty.

But despite the enticing aromas, Qiao Yi had no appetite.

Lost in thought, a bowl of hot soup was suddenly placed in front of him.

Qiao Yi looked up to see his sister Qiao Ying had brought it over for him.

Qin Hanyue went on to ladle out a bowl of soup for Qiao Ying as well.

Not wanting her to worry, Qiao Yi picked up his chopsticks and ate some.

"Should we stay the night here in Yun City and continue tomorrow, or drive through the night?" Qiao Ying asked their preference.

Qin Hanyue said, "Let's hear what your brother thinks."

The siblings looked over at Qiao Yi.

Qin Yan felt a bit embarrassed, wanting to hide his face in his bowl: Young Master, aren't you being a bit too attentive? That's her little brother.

Qiao Yi said, "Let's drive straight through."

With things having become such a mess, he felt responsible. Thinking of his honest, simple father and hysterical, "pitiful" mother, Qiao Yi was afraid that if they stayed a night in Yun City, he might change his mind.

After dinner, the group immediately departed for the Capital City.

Qiao Ying said, "Qin, if you get tired driving let me know and I can take over."

Qin Yan, gripping the steering wheel, was moved to tears: Finally someone remembered the injured driver!

Qin Hanyue told Qiao Ying, "I'll handle the driving." Then to Qin Yan he added, "If you can't drive anymore let me know and I'll take over."

With Qin Yan's injury still not fully healed, continuing to drive exhausted would risk an accident.

Qin Yan said, "Young Master, Miss Qiao, don't worry, I know my limits."

Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine Young Master driving while he sat shotgun.

As long as they didn't die, he would drive like hell.

In the passenger seat, Qiao Yi hugged his backpack, on the verge of dozing off. The scenery rushing by outside the window further lulled him to sleep.

Qiao Yi fell asleep.

His upper body slowly listing to one side, a bump from a dip in the road caused Qiao Yi's head to loll with the motion.

From the backseat, Qiao Ying reached out to prop Qiao Yi upright.

Noticing Qin Hanyue looking over, after readjusting herself Qiao Ying asked, "What are you looking at?"

His eyes remained fixed ahead on her brother.

Qin Hanyue said, "Miss Qiao seems very close with her brother."

Qiao Ying replied, "My brother has fair skin and refined features. He's obedient and quiet―naturally endearing."