451 - END

Chapter 451

Qin Group,

Qiao Ying, who had no appointment, was politely stopped by the receptionist downstairs. Qiao Ying was wondering whether she should just leave or send a message to Qin Hanyue. Just as she was hesitating, someone came.

Qin Yan: "Miss Qiao, why are you here?"

Qiao Ying looked back at Qin Yan, who was walking over quickly: "Assistant Qin, where are you coming back from?"

Qin Yan patted the briefcase in his hand: "I went back to the Qins' to get some stuff. You're looking for Young Master Three? Why don't you just go upstairs?"

The receptionist couldn't help but look at Qiao Ying - she actually dared to directly call Mr. Qin by his name - what background does she have? Is she not aware of her position?

Qin Yan: "As long as you say the word, the Qins might as well take your surname. What do you think?"

Upon hearing Qin Yan's words, the receptionist looked at Qiao Ying again and started to feel nervous and apprehensive, repeatedly recalling and confirming that she hadn't been impolite to Qiao Ying earlier.

"Assistant Qin, who is this young lady?"

Qin Yan: "This is our Mr. Qin's wife. Recognize people clearly next time. When the lady comes, send her upstairs properly."

The receptionist hastily nodded: "Yes." Then very cleverly greeted Qiao Ying: "Nice to meet you, Ma'am."

Qin Yan: "Miss Qiao, this way please."

Seeing the two head towards the elevators, the receptionist was astonished inwardly: Mr. Qin... got married? Mr. Qin's wife... so young? She's probably still in school, right?

In the elevator,

Qin Yan laughed first to get Qiao Ying's attention. After successfully attracting her notice, Qin Yan held up a finger and whispered: "Miss Qiao, I've had a question for a long time now."

Qiao Ying glanced at him.

Qin Yan: "I've been tossing and turning over this for several days. I really can't figure it out. I hope you can give me an answer. Can you tell me why that guy called Liu Ying calls you Xue Ying? And how did you become Mr. Lin's daughter?"

Qiao Ying: "That's two questions."

Qin Yan: "Do I have to choose one? I'm more curious about the first one."

Qiao Ying looked at him again, hesitating over whether to speak.

Faced with Qiao Ying's eyes, Qin Yan chickened out a bit: "Or rather, just pretend I didn't ask."

Qiao Ying was puzzled: "Did I do something?"

Qin Yan smiled embarrassedly: "No, it's just based on my understanding of Miss Qiao, if I want to find out a bit from you, I'll inevitably have to pay some price. But I really have nothing on me that would interest you, so it's highly likely that I'll be in danger. In short, there's no such thing as a free lunch in this world, especially with you, Miss Qiao. That's how it is."

Qiao Ying was rendered speechless by Qin Yan's rambling despite not having said or done anything herself. She muttered: "Looks like I have a bad reputation too."

Qin Yan: "What did you say?"

Qiao Ying: "I was praising you. It's rare and commendable to have such presence of mind to rein in your curiosity. After all, curiosity killed the cat."

Qin Yan: "Heh heh, I think so too."

But he was still curious. Young Master Three must know, but should he ask...? Let's not. Compared to Miss Qiao, Young Master Three's heart and liver were less robust.