21 - 30

Chapter 21

Qiao Lingling lost her appetite and fiddled with her chopsticks without eating for a long time.

Qiao Ying could easily take out two thousand yuan, catching up to her mother's salary for a month, while she didn't even have that much for pocket money over a few months.

Qiao Lingling turned her head to look at Qiao Ying going back to her room, with name brand clothes from head to toe that she wanted to wear but couldn't afford. No matter how she thought about it, Qiao Lingling couldn't understand why Qiao Ying suddenly became neither stupid nor useless, and could earn a lot of money.

Qiao Ying used to not even be as good as her toes, shrinking her neck, hunching over, doing whatever she said, not even daring to look her in the eye, unable to talk back to her scolding.

Qiao Lingling couldn't accept the huge gap brought by Qiao Ying becoming excellent.

Moreover, she also discovered that after losing some weight, Qiao Ying's whole person had become more beautiful.

Just thinking that in the near future Qiao Ying would become thinner and more beautiful, Qiao Lingling felt extremely anxious and irritable.

Looking at the two plates of vegetables that she had no appetite for at all, Qiao Lingling threw down her chopsticks and went back to her room to start studying.

So what if Qiao Ying becomes thin and beautiful and can make money?

She could only test into a few points, not even enough for the worst university, while her grades were good enough for a key university.

By then, even if Qiao Ying had money to buy her way into a university, she still wouldn't be on the same level as her.

After graduating from university, she would have a decent job, and work in a high-end office building.

While Qiao Ying didn't even have a decent diploma, what use was it that she could earn some money?

Thinking this way, Qiao Lingling finally felt at ease.

After dinner, Li Lilian suddenly went to Qiao Yi's room.

She happened to see Qiao Yi sitting at her desk fiddling with her computer.

"What are you using this computer for? Isn't a phone enough for studying? Let me tell you, ever since your aunt's son bought a computer, as soon as he gets home from school every day he just plays games. He used to be in the top few in grades, now he's at the bottom. He plays games until 1 or 2 am every night, and sleeps in class the next day. Your aunt gets called to school every day. He used to have a decent personality, now his temper is awful, he almost got into a fight with your uncle a few days ago."

Li Lilian felt strangely satisfied: "Humph, during New Year your aunt was bragging to us that her son was Peking University material. Now forget about Peking University, it would be good if any university wanted him."

"Little Yi, you have to save face for your mom, you can't be like him. You have to get into a top university, mom is relying on you in the future."

"Mom, I'm not playing games, I'm learning programming. After I learn it I can make money like sister, and I'm only studying it on weekends, it won't affect my studies." Qiao Yi explained helplessly.

Upon hearing she could make money, Li Lilian didn't say anything more.

"How much did your sister spend on this computer for you?"

Qiao Yi was silent for a moment, originally not wanting to say, but thinking of her mother and second sister's attitude towards her big sister, Qiao Yi felt proud for Qiao Ying and honestly said: "Twelve thousand."