391 - 400

Chapter 391

Lin Cheng returned home after dealing with the king.

As soon as he entered the door, he saw Qin Hanyue stride towards him from the front hall. Before Lin Cheng could think about why Qin Hanyue was so enthusiastic, he saw Qin Hanyue's gaze completely bypass him and look behind him. Not seeing the person he wanted to meet, his expression immediately changed.

He asked, "Where is Little Ying?"

Lin Cheng was puzzled.

He then learned that Qiao Ying, who was supposed to be home already, had not returned.

Qin Hanyue took out his cell phone and dialed Qiao Ying's number, but no one answered on the other end. Not knowing what was going on with Qiao Ying, Qin Hanyue did not rashly call again for the second time.

When Lin Cheng asked, the driver who sent Qiao Ying had not returned either.

Lin Cheng said, "Did she find out something?"

Qin Hanyue said, "Or did Lafeier find out something?"

Did Lafeier make a move against Qiao Ying?

Is he really J's man, or is he J himself?

Lin Cheng said, "The king asked me if Karina's face was related to her. Could it be the king..."

Lin Cheng said, "I will send someone to investigate immediately, don't worry."

It was natural that Lin Cheng would be efficient in finding someone in his own turf. By checking road surveillance footage and eyewitness accounts, he soon found out that Qiao Ying had been taken away by a group of unknown people.

Lin Cheng dispatched a large number of people to track them down along the way.

Needless to say, this must have been done by the royal family people.

The suspects were easy to identify. Either it was the king's party, including the king himself, who had been pestering him these past two days and refusing to leave, or it was Lafeier and his son, or Karina.

Lin Cheng began to worry, because no matter who it was, the outcome would be imaginable if Qiao Ying was taken away by them.

These were all people who wished Qiao Ying dead. Of course, if Lafeier and his son were really related to the dark side.

Lin Cheng said, "I should have arranged more people to follow her."

Lin Cheng wanted to reassure Qin Hanyue first, and was also ready to face Qin Hanyue's anger. But Qin Hanyue was surprisingly calm and composed, with no sign of anxiety or worry on his face, which really left Lin Cheng puzzled.

Lin Cheng suddenly remembered what Qin Hanyue had said yesterday: "You know nothing about her abilities."

He knew that Qiao Ying was skilled in martial arts and certainly not weak. She was brave and resourceful, decisive in her actions, and highly intelligent, otherwise he would not have sought out Qiao Ying from so far away to help.

But after all, Qiao Ying was a girl with slender arms and legs. No matter how powerful she was, she couldn't possibly fight against multiple opponents alone when they were armed and she wasn't.

Lin Cheng asked, "Does Miss Qiao have a way to get out of danger?"

Qin Hanyue glanced at him but held back from speaking.

Of course, Lin Cheng, who had not yet witnessed Qiao Ying's formidable abilities, could not understand the meaning behind Qin Hanyue's glance.

Lin Cheng suddenly thought, "Can you locate her phone?"