381 - 390

Chapter 381

Lai En: "Are you giving up your boyfriend just like that? Or is Miss Qiao willing to share Lin Cheng with Karina just so you can serve one husband together?"

Qiao Ying: "You already said that if you inherit the throne, Lin Cheng won't have good days ahead of him. Of course I can't let you have your way."

Her tone was light and casual, not revealing any anxiety or nervousness. Just based on her tone, it was difficult to feel her love for Lin Cheng.

But after the "kindness" she showed him by "visiting" Karina yesterday, Lai En also understood a bit of her personality.

He knew she wasn't the type to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

Lai En: "I was just joking with Miss Qiao. Duke Lin is very capable and loved by the citizens. How could I dare to do such a thing?"

Qiao Ying: "How confident are you about inheriting the throne?"

The question was asked too boldly and directly.

Lai En was so shocked that for a moment he didn't even dare to respond. After thinking for a bit, he lowered his voice and said, "That depends on what Miss Qiao wants."

"I suddenly realized that you and I are on the same side."

"I want the throne, and Miss Qiao wants Lin Cheng. Our interests are not in conflict, but can benefit each other."

"As long as we both strive for and persist towards what we want, the ending will naturally be what we both hope for."

Lai En: "Ever since I learned that Duke Lin isn't interested in the throne, I knew that you and I should be friends."

Qiao Ying: "I only have one winter break. Soon I'll have to return to my country to study. I'm afraid Lin Cheng won't be able to withstand the pressure from the royal family."

Lai En narrowed his eyes slightly, tightly locking his gaze on Qiao Ying's face. He tentatively asked: "Then what does Miss Qiao think?"

Qiao Ying: "We should take action quickly."

Lai En: "I don't understand what Miss Qiao means."

Qiao Ying looked at him: "You don't understand? Are you planning to win over the royal family and C Kingdom's citizens with your own loyalty?"

Lai En: "Of course not. But Miss Qiao, don't you know about the relationship between Lin Cheng and the royal family?"

Qiao Ying: "Since Lin Cheng chose me, it shows that in his eyes, the royal family and power can't compare to me."

Lai En smiled slightly as he nodded. He took a sip of wine, first looking at Qiao Ying, then turning to look into the distance, seeming to be pondering something.

Finally, he offered an early congratulations on victory: "As long as Lin Cheng has no desire for the throne, everything will go smoothly."

Without any warning, he clinked glasses with Qiao Ying again: "I offer early congratulations that you and I will both obtain what we want."

Qiao Ying: "You're celebrating too early."

"I can't put Lin Cheng in a difficult position. Let's sign an agreement. I need a guarantee for Lin Cheng's future and my own interests."

Lai En looked at her: "What guarantee do you want from me?"

Qiao Ying: "I need to discuss this with Lin Cheng first. We can arrange another time to meet―you're in no hurry to go home, right?"