Chapter 36

"𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝, 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚕𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚗𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐."

(𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓷....V̴̧͓̘͇͓̱͚͎̯̔̑̀̽̉́̂̅̐̒̂̆̅̃́͗̕͝͝͠ȩ̴͎͎̝͙̝̯̗̟̗̃̄̅̾̾́̾́́͜r̸̢̹̝̥͔͙̰̖̖̣̫̟̬͎̭͉̼̖̀͑̋̐̌̀̿̓͛̔̅̃͂̿̎͌̒͘͠à̴̧̞͍̙̫̠̭̮͚̖̻̪̤̘̰̐̈́͆̀͊̐̑̔̐͗̈͗̀̄̍͗͂͌̑͘͠͠'̷̧̛̼̪̝̟̝͚̝̠̰̼͓͛͑̈́̊̍͂̈̓̈̊̍͗̍̍̂̄͌͋͒͛̈́̀͠͝s̸̛̛̛̫̠͕̱̏̅͗͊̓̈͌̄̏̅̎̀́͒͂̇͠ ̷̨̗͍̝̻͓̗͕͖̣͖̻̫̮̩̹̖̗̗̟̹̫̼̅̈́̋̽͘ͅ 𝓹𝓸𝓿

𝓞𝓱 𝓷𝓸 𝓷𝓸 𝓷𝓸, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝔂𝓮𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝔂 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱~)

Ethan held the scared pen, trembling but forcing himself to stand. Tyrone was in front of him, hands empty and stained with Ethan's blood. The two stared at each other, like two mortals playing a game of chess. No rooks. No knights. No bishops. Just the kings, queens, and pawns. The two didn't move, each thinking about which piece to move. 

Taking the first move, Ethan dashed toward Tyrone. Tyrone smirked, using the time amulet to speed things up. Such an action caused Ethan to lose his footing and miss Tyrone completely. There goes another pawn! Tyrone used his queen, attacking Ethan at multiple angles to catch his opponent off guard. If I was there I'd call so many penalties. It's not fun if they play dirty. Ethan turned around and deflected the attack with the sacred pen, losing some of his much needed energy in the process. 

The spectators, mostly his pathetic girlfriend noticed Ethan's disappearance. She looked around, not noticing the one she called her lover anywhere. God, how did it take you this long to notice someone so "important"? Tch.

"Where is Ethan?!" She snapped, starting to worry

"I thought he was with Jacob!" The rabbit (Guardian) replied, perplexed

"I thought he was behind me!" Jacob replied, very confused.

"Ethan was with Bella last I checked. She's made sure to be as close as possible to him since this entire thing started" The observant child, Peach added, "Also he didn't go through the portal-"

"He didn't?!" Bella exclaimed, starting to panic.

Everyone was silenced by the rabbit, Guardian,'s loud garbling static noises. I couldn't help but laugh, the rabbit had a radio function? Ha! 

Observer covered the spot where his ears would be if he had them, "Ah! What the hell?!"

Cyrus jolted startled by the noise, dropping his pen in the process. Peach noticed and picked up Cyrus' pen, handing to Cyrus. He smiled and thanked her.

Quinn grabbed Guardian, looking at a panel in the front. What was computer face up to? 

"Could you open this panel in the front?"

Guardian didn't answer, but the panel opened. There was broken dials for radio transmission, which computer face quickly fixed by repairing and turning the dial like you were supposed to. Huh, so I was right. From the other side there was a blasting sound and then a thud a few seconds later.  

Cyrus flinched at the noises, covering his ears, "It's a bit loud..."

Computer face turned the volume down a bit, patting Cyrus on the back to reassure him. Cyrus blinked and blushed a bit, replaying the moment over and over again to the point he didn't even notice when Quinn went back to readjust it again. The observant child blinked and then walked away unfazed by their romantic tension.