Chapter 39

"Fine you want my name? It's in here!"

(Author's note: Genocide, Blood, Graphic descriptions of violence)

There was a chill in the air. Children laughed happily as they played with friends or family. Others sat alone, reading a book or watched their children play and smile. Everything felt like it didn't matter. Like it would never end. This was the life I lived every day..

"Hey! Focus!" Someone snapped.

A person ran up to them, a female. Once they caught up to me and the other person by my side, they were breathing heavily.

"We need to run! Something is going to happen but I don't know what!" She exclaimed, panicked.

"Slow down a bit!" I exclaimed while attempting to calm her down, "What's happening?"

"We're in grave danger! I had a horrible vision!" She answered as she broke down crying

"It's alright. Just tell us what it was about and then we can figure out what to do next." I reassured, holding her tightly.

"Everything...everyone... it was all... gone!" She cried breaking down into tears.

"I'll warn the others!"

The crowd that had formed immediately ran. Some went home to their families. Some ran to the market to buy supplies. Some just outright took the supplies, with little resistance from the also panicked sellers. Chaos happened left and right. People ran.

I suddenly saw the reason. Not because of what the female said, but the portal behind us. It was blue in color, the people had crowded around it to see what would come out the other side. What came out was a god. One barely taller than me. White hair, light colored skin, blue eyes that stared coldly at the crowd before him. More stepped out behind him, all holding weapons. Ones that were behind in technology, but still just as fatal when they had been in use. The crowd had become nervous, before he summoned white rope with blue lines and grabbed a person. The rope wrapped around their neck, becoming tighter and tighter until the head was sliced off with a clean cut. That was when they all started to run and panic. Screams and pleas filled the air the more the god killed them. People ran. People begged for him not to kill them. Begged to let the children live. Yet, he did not listen. He killed them with only a "I'm sorry". White ropes grabbed falling debree and crushed whoever was targeted by it.

I ran, ran to a location I had once known but no longer could remember. People were running to the shelter. It was so full of people the staff were struggling to keep the panicked people outside out. Mothers begged for staff to take their children. The children stayed close to their mom as she begged and begged, listening to their mother's tears as the staff told her again and again there was no more room. No more space. They'd taken as many as they could. The broadcast from the tv continued to talk, with no citizens listening to it.

"Local news of mysterious visions backed up with terrifying amounts of evid-"

There was the man again. The one who killed the woman and children and men with nothing more than "I'm sorry". The news reporter begged and pleaded, crying while asking why. Why was this happening. Why were they doing this.

The man looked at him with cold eyes, "You did nothing wrong. Rest. Your life will not be in vain."

Before he could cry anymore, his neck was twisted. The shock and fear forever frozen on his face as his body fell with a thump. The man stared at the cameraman. The camera fell to the ground as the cameraman ran, screaming as he was killed. The head fell to the floor and rolled in front of the camera, with the broadcast soon ending.