{Pokémon Starters}

Chapter 2

___________________

Kira's P.O.V.

I only stared at the boy who conveniently cussed at me. He had long red hair that reached past his shoulders, was wearing a blue blazer with intricate red designs, and a dark colored trouser. A scowl fit perfectly on his face, glaring at me and Pidgey.

"Are you going to answer me or what? His tone of voice cut me through my thoughts. I blinked.

"Sorry.. I was- uh.. looking after this Pidgey, I guess.. it looked lonely.." I tore my gaze from him and to the bird. All I heard was a scoff and murmurs of him cursing about how pathetic I am. I let it go, since I had just technically met him, and it wasn't bothering me.

Or maybe it was.

"I'm Kira, by the way.." I mumbled, hoping he didn't hear me, but unfortunately, he did.

"Who the hell would give you that name?" He retorted, not glancing at me, he stared- er, well, glared at the Pidgey and returned it to his Pokéball. He muttered more curses, but I couldn't hear what he said.

"..My parents.." I quietly mumbled, bringing my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms aroumd them. I admit I was a bit homesick, but then again, being in the Pokémon world was pretty cool.

"Where are we?" I asked after a few minutes of contemplating courage. He didn't move but he did answer.

"Just outside of Littleroot Town." I tilted my head. Usually, Silver would be in New Bark Town, but this must be a dream. It had to.

I only nodded, slowly getting up.

"Well, I better be off. I'm sorry to have bugged you in any way.." I turned to leave without him scoffing. He didn't even say goodbye, which I expected out of him.

I took a guess where Littleroot Town might be, and to my surprise, I had found it. A smile apparent on my lips as I hurried on over to the Lab. Before I knocked, I realized that it was dark out, and everyone might be asleep as of this moment.

I contemplated whether or not to knock on the door for several minutes. As soon as I had the courage, a voice startled me from behind.

"Who are you?" Another unfamiliar voice.

I turned around, my eyes met with a pair of red ones. I immediately thought of who it was, mostly because I read a lot of fanfictions about Pokémon.

Red.

I observed the red-eyed trainer for a bit, noticing he had a friend with him, someone whom I recognized as well.

Blue- er Green, if people want it that way.

I always called him Gary, because I never like them, Green and Gary, I mean. They were douchebags, but I guess it was just my opinion.

"I- um.. I got lost.. so I was trying to find.. uh.. somewhere to find information.. and yeah.." I trailed off at the last few words, tearing my gaze from the duo. They both looked at each other, obviously puzzled, and shrugged, turning back to me.

I slowly glanced at them before stepping aside, allowing them to get through.

"S-sorry.. I was probably in your way.."

"It's fine." I didn't recognize the voice. It was hard to tell which voice belonged to which. However, they did not go in or knock. They stopped in front of me, scanning me.

"Do you want to come in with us?" The ginger asked, a smirk played at his lips.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was being creepy.

I pondered for a few seconds and nodded, following them inside. Little did I know that stepping through there would change my life forever.

"Oh, Gary! Nice to see you again, and Red! How nice!" The booming voice that obviously belonged to an old man chirped at the two boys, bombarding them with questions.

Okay, Red and Gary? Wasn't it..? Never mind. It must be a dream. I'll wake up sooner or later, right?

Somehow, my thoughts weren't comforting me at the moment, so I began to block out the sounds of everything.

Suddenly, I felt alone. I was not supposed to be here, right? This had to be a dream. this had to. Oh, great, I am think about things again.

My thoughts were interrupted by my name being called at.

Kira.

Kira.

"Kira!!" I jumped slightly, looking at the trio who glanced at me. Gary had snickered while Red wore a ghost of a smile. My face heated up at the embarrassment.

"Sorry... I zoned out a bit.." I let out a small chuckle. The professor, who I figured was Prof. Oak, smiled and began to walk to me.

"Ah, so you must be Kira. I'm Professor Oak, a Pokémon professor. I study and research Pokémon...." by then, I merely tuned out his rambling, nodding every now and then, until a phrase pricked at my ears.

"...your very own Pokémon." I gasped, my eyes widening and my smile broadening.

"Really?" Oak nodded, gesturing me over to a table with Pokéballs placed on it. My eyes sparkled.

"You can pick from these three starters." He let them out, a flash of light, or three, flooded my vision. Three Pokémons stood before me, glancing at their surroundings.

I hadn't noticed until now that both Gary and Red were in the living room, chatting away, er- well, Gary rambling about beating Ash, which I had no interest in.

I smiled at the three Pokémons. One was a ground and water type, Mudkip. In the games, I would always choose this one because I didn't want to search for random water Pokémons to learn Surf, Dive, and Waterfall. It's black eyes gleamed up at me. I couldn't help but smile. It was rather cute. I didn't know it's gender, I noticed.

Next was a fire - bird matchup, Torchic. I also chose this one because of how cute it looked. I bent down and and pet the little bugger. I stood back up and gazed my eyes on the last Pokémon.

Treeko.

Although, some people would prefer other types, I happen to like Grass types. I never got to appreciate them as much as I do now until I was introduced to Treeko. Honestly, Treeko looked a bit intimidating, but it was a good Pokémon and it was one of my favorites.

I had made my decision.

"I choose Treeko!" I burst out after a few minutes of silence. The boys paid no heed to my words as they were engrossed to whatever program was on television. Professor Oak smiled, handing the Pokéball to me.

The grass Pokémon glanced up at me, it's eyes having slightly longer lashes than the other two Pokémons.

"I'll name her Emerald." I declared, mostly to Emerald than to anyone else.

"Well, Kira. It seems you and Emerald are ready for your very own Pokémon adventure tomorrow morning." The jolly professor exclaimed. I smiled, knowing this has made both him and I very happy.

"Oh, if you don't mind, I have a spare bedroom where you could crash for the night. My grandson usually sleeps on the couch."

I gave it a thought and nodded, smiling.

This was going to be a great adventure.

Or so I thought.

_______________

(A/N: Some things are different from the game, and the game is going to be what this fanfic is based upon, before anyone asks. Also, some characters were jumbled for entertainment purposes, but I will add Brendan and May sometime in there. Also Steven. Maybe more, but just so you know, that's why It's Prof. Oak instead of Birch. See you all in the next update!)