{'Til the Day Our Paths Cross Again}

Chapter 24

Kira's P.O.V.

I just sat there, my eyes all watery.

"So that was how I got here..." I noticed in my entries, I never found much comfort in my Pokémon, even though this world is a Pokémon world, I just never had the thought.

"Why is my life so confusing?" I asked myself. I stayed like that for a few hours, until there was a knock at the door.

"Yes?" I groggily answered.

"Come out, please." I recognized the voice. I slowly got up and straightened my clothes. I had no mirror with me, and I noticed that I don't even remember what I even look like.

I opened the door, maybe a little too quickly and was met with two pairs of eyes. One green, and one a blueish gray.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I began to say. Drowsiness filled me to the bones.

"We were worried about you." Green answered my question with arms crossed over his chest.

I felt a more seering hatred to Green, but I didn't let it show. I guess for now, I would have to forgive him.

Shit, I hate being too nice to people.

"Oh." Was all I managed to say.

Steven noticed I was holding the notebook he gave me and his face softened.

"So you remember now?" He asked after a short silence. I glanced my eyes from left to right a little and spotted the rest of the gang.

I sighed.

"Yes... I do..." Green and Steven both have shocked looks, but Steven was a more relieved than shock.

I heard gasps and whispers from the group.

"I have a question." I spoke a little louder so everyone in the room could hear.

"Why did you all pretend you didn't know me, when you clearly did?"

"We never met you before." Ash spoke up. The rest nodded. I smiled slightly and turned to Green and Steven.

They both looked at each other, as if having a silent battle.

"I didn't want to trigger anything." Green spoke up.

"To tell you the truth, I was a bit excited to hear you are finally awake, but knowing you had amnesia gave me the opportunity." Green walked a few steps to me, and I swore I could see the anger and hatred in Steven.

"A-an opportunity for what...?"

Green chuckled sadly.

"An opportunity to have a second chance, but I blew it, kidnapping you, attacking you, installing that dream you had, everything. I never meant to hurt you."

I had to bite my lip.

"I'm sorry.." Then something unexpected happened.

Green planted a kiss on my lips. It was short and subtle, but I enjoyed it, nonetheless, not that I liked to admit it.

He parted from me, my eyes still wide from surprise. He stepped back and walked away. I couldn't move from that spot. And it was at that moment, I remembered what caused him to take me.

"Green.." I silently said. No one heard it, which is a good thing.

"I'm tired." I declared, after a moment of awkward silence.

Steven glanced at me before nodding. He placed a hand on my waist and led me to a house, somewhere in Sootopolis.

"Kira.." I looked up at him. Though we may nearly be the same age, I noticed, looking back, I was a childish person, still am.

"Yes?" I couldn't help but feel all happy inside. He made me feel happy.

"You're still not finished with your journey as a Pokémon master."

"Bah! That'll wait. I had fun, but.. I kinda.. want to ask you something.." I paused a moment to regain myself then turned to Steven.

"I don't remember asking, but... why did you pretend you didn't know me the first time we met?" He closed his eyes, as if thinking, then opened them.

"I didn't want to overwhelm you.."

I just nodded.

"Seems legit."

-

Months passed and I have gained the title as a Pokémon champion in Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto, or- well, regained the spot.

I still have wanted to go back to the real world, but knowing I was dead there doesn't make it better for me.

I decided to move on.

Mother.. I will see you again one day.

Until then, I will move on.

---------------

WOW!! Rushed ending is rushed, BUT HEY! I finally got this thing finished! Good for me!

I hope you enjoyed this terrible fanfic.