{History in Hoenn}

Chapter 15

--------------

Heading down Jagged Pass was now a bit more difficult since there wasn't much to do about it except to rush and be wreckless. Shallow breaths almost gave Kira out to fainting.

As Kira continued down, suddemly felt the emblem vibrating, following the subtle shake in the ground. She heard the earth shift a bit, and continued down, more carefully this time. She searched around until she sees an opening, which leads her inside the base of Team Magma.

She made her treck through, battling any and all Magma members. The heat was unbearable.

She finally found what she was looking for, Groudon. It looked so peaceful sleeping, yet also intimidating. Before she could do anything else, a voice called out that knocked her gaze from the legebdary Pokémon. She turned her head and it was then that she saw the leader, for he was clad in a different uniform than the admins and grunts. Also, another member, whom she recognized, was with him.

Red

"What? Are you here to witness the true greatness of Groudon, or are you here to stop me?" Kira opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted.

"Fool. I know who you are, and you will not stop me from awakening the powerful beast!" He pulled out the Blue Orb and it began to glow, intensely. The intensified glow of light expanded to the entirety of the room, fading once the mythical beast had awoken. It slowly swam across to us, getting bigger and bigger to Kira's vision. It let out a distressed roar and exited.

The Team Magma leader looked distressed.

"No. No, this can't be! Groudon!" He began yelling to the hole at the roof of the cave.

"I, Maxie, should have commanded you!" He turned to Kira, anger washing over his face.

"I have seen you lurking around. Don't think I don't know what you're planning. So, you're that Team Aqua grunt that ruins everything, huh? Well, let's see you have what it takes. A one-on-one battle!"

He took his spot on a makeshift battlefield, Red being the referee. Maxie took out his Pokémon, a Camerupt.

A fire and ground match-up. Okay. Her mind was thinking.

She grabbed a Pokéball, threw it, and smiled. Her shiny Pelipper sparkled as it exit the Pokéball.

Before Maxie had any time to call out a command, Kira called one out.

"Belan, Surf!" The Pelipper opened it's mouth and gallons of water began gushing out. It hit the Camerupt, making it a one hit knock out.

Red lifted his arm that was towards Kira, signalling that she had won. Maxie was both shocked and now full of rage.

"This isn't the end, punk." And he disappeared.

"Weird." Kira uttered, returning her Pokémon.

She made her way out of the base and headed for Lilycove, where she will take a rest for a bit.

"First, I need to know more about Team Magma and Team Aqua.." As she exited the cave, she took out her PokéNav and dialed Oak's number. It rang several times before he answered.

"Ah! Kira! Good to see you!" She clenched her teeth in annoyance. She didn't have time for soluch trivial matters such as small chit-chat's.

"I have no time for this, tell me something- anything, about Groudon and Kyogre. Why are Team Magma and Team Aqau so hellbent on expanding either land or sea? And why is your dumbass grandson a part of their team?" Anger boiled inside her as every word was as if it were a stroke of lightning.

The professor sweat dropped, but still looked surprised. He did not answer for a few minutes which only fueled her anger much more.

"Tell me now, Oak!" She wanted to yell out so badly, but knew if she did, she would have to fibd some way to calm herself down, as well as answer the police for interrupting anyone, which to her was a bit unnecessary.

"Fine, fine," He sighed. "I guess you deserve an explanation."

"No shit, Sherlock." Professor Oak gave a solemn glare, but continued.

"Groudon and Kyogre are the representatives of land and sea respectively. Many a years ago, both legendaries had a dispute, causing chaos to arise in the world. Intense weather of both sunshine and rain appeared at the same time, which was early impossible.

"However, another legend, one only heard in stories, the legend of the infamous Rayquaza. It was believed that this mythical creature calmed the two bickering rivals and set peace upon the world.

"Now, Team Magma and Team Aqua look up to these legendaries, and envy their powers to control the weather, resulting them into a rivalrous battle of Land and Sea. I don't know much about why my grandson joined, but you will have to ask him." Kira nodded, undersranding.

"So, you're telling me that Team Aqua and Team Magma desire to expand the sea and land because of the legendaries? Don't they have other motives?"

The professor sighed.

"They want world domination that way, or at least to my observation." Kira sweatdropped.

"Whatever. Thanks, anyway."

"Kira, wa-" before he had the chance to tell her, she hung up.

Alright, time to head out to Lilycove this time. She threw out her shiny Pelipper and climb to the back.

"Lilycove, Belan." The Pelipper let out a cry and flew.

"I'll need to reconcile with my friends..." she buried her face in the feathers of her Pokémon.

---------

I'm starting to like this fanfic again ;v; Please tell me what you think! I love feedback.