{Past is Past}

Crap. Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I'm so sorry!

Chapter 21

There were several voices around me, but I couldn't decipher them. It was certainly in another language I don't understand.

And by that, I mean they used a lot of scientific knowledge and choice of words that my simple mind cannot grasp around.

But I knew what they wanted.

They wanted me.

"...good thing we got the right one...." I faintly heard one say.

"Yes, otherwise, the stability in this experiment will go haywire and all our research will be lost in the rubble." A second voice chimed in. It was male.

"But.. I'm nit completely sure if this will work or not."

"Martha, don't worry. Everything will work according to plan."

"You're right, Steward. I'm sorry."

There was silence afterwards, but the buzzing of the machines was still ringing.

Footsteps were heard, but I wasn't able to open my eyes yet.

"Doctor, are you ready for the experiment to commence?" A third voice. It was a female this time, but unlike Martha, her tone of voice was more serious and confident.

"Yes, ma'am. I just need to inject the syrum into her bloodstream." His voice went faint then loud again, as if he was getting something from across the room.

"Good, do it quickly. I do not want a mess in here." She walked out of the area, based on her footsteps and a new pair of footsteps came closer to me.

"Alright, I'm sure this won't hurt." He says as he forcibly jabs a needle into my arm. I could feel the seering pain, but again, I couldn't move.

After that, everything felt like it was floating, and my head became heavy. My breathing became more shallow.

"The syrum is taking into effect. It will subside within seconds. Martha, get the wires hooked up."

"Yes, doctor." The sound of dragging filled the void in my head. I suddenly felt cold metal on my bare skin as well as a pair of hands.

"I hope she will be okay.." Her voice sounded worrisome.

"She will be fine. I will implant a few artificial memories of herself so she wouldn't feel all too lonesome."

"But what if fhe finds out? What then?"

"She won't. That's what the syrum is for."

"Oh.. but.."

"No but's. This is going to be the greatest experiment humankind will ever have made."

A button was clicked and I could feel the surging electrical shock course through my entire body. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I was able to open my eyes and there, I saw the two people I loved.

My mother and father.

I tried to look around, finding a way to escape. Instead of finding what I wanted, I saw what I never needed. My brothers lying on the ground, still, a pool of blood surrounding them.

I still couldn't scream. Thinking hurts.

I suddenly felt a tightening in my head and torso. Some parts of me got smaller as well as bigger. But my face hurt the most.

'You'll be okay' A voice told me. The electrical shock stopped for a few seconds and there I saw the most beautiful creature ever accompanied by two others.

'I'm Celebi. These two are Mew and Jirachi.' I was confused. Why was I seeing Pokemon now? It must have been a dream because I could see them after I had taken the syrum and electrocuted for a long period of time.

'We are as real as you, Kira. We won't let you lose all your memories, but we will help you gain some back.' I was now more confused than ever.

"Who.... are you...?" Martha and Stewart looked at me in complete awe.

"It's working!" Martha complied. Stewart nodded and proceeded to press the button again. The shock was more powerful this time.

'You will be safer in another world. You have a power that no one else has. Use it wisely.'

With that, I had completely knocked out myself with overthinking, and I had died in that world, disappointing my parents.

And yet, they still continued to work on their elaborate research.

What am I?

Who am I?

Why am I here?

Three questions I always have asked myself. I still haven't found an answer.