{Loss for a Fortune}

Chapter 13

---------------------

Kira's P.O.V.

Perhaps being alone was a good idea. Perhaps being told you were good enough was just the thing to make you in a better mood.

Perhaps losing people was a stress-relieving thing.

Or perhaps never getting involved with trivial matters such as the world of Pokémon would turn the tides.

"If only I had not wished upon that star.." My voice cracked as the rain pelted against my head. I was nearing Fortree City, where my next badge would be fought and earned.

I had more important matters to think about than silly badges.

However, I did manage to gain information about the amazing wonders of being Team Aqua.

They are wanting to awaken Kyogre. I thought it was impossible, but it sounded serious, seeing that all employees were taking part of it.

I kept heading north until I saw a sign that points to the right, where Fortree lies. I headed up to that point and was amazed at the sight of it.

Fortree was a massive treehouse playground place thing. However you describe it. The trees are large, and bridges connect each one. People are bustling and hustling about, not caring what two organizations are planning to do to the world. I'd like to be that person again; carefree.

"Hold your grip," I told myself, "this is real, and you must concentrate." I breathed in and out and headed towards the gym after climbing a few ladders and crossed a few bridges.

I was about to go to the entrance, but I was knocked over by something heavy blocking the way. I groaned and rubbed my head.

"What the hell..?" I got up and examined what was in front of me. If I focused hard enough, I could see blurry figures, invisible, blocking the way. I groaned loudly.

"Now there goes my luck of the day." I went back up the ladder and headed west of the city. As I did so, I glanced at the lower land before me. A bridge was drawn over a river and someone I recognize stood there, back facing me.

I was both excited and miserable. It was him again. Steven.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I whispered, making my way to the bridge. I sighed as I silently made my way to him. He noticed me once I got there. He did not look pleased.

However, he did not speak to me.

"I know you're mad." I began. He only gave a soft grunt. "And I know I hurt you, even if I don't know how." He was quiet. "But I do want you to know I'm very sorry.." My voice was low. He let out a sigh and handed me a device. Before he left, he whispered something. I barely made out what he said.

"Good bye." Was what he said after a long pause. I felt guilty for ignoring him. He took out Skarmory and flew away to wherever he is going. I examined the device he gave me along with a small note attached.

Use the Devon scope to scout out invisible Pokémon.

Devon Co.

"Let's try this out." I looked through the scope and in front of me was a Pokémon. I nearly screamed.

"Kecle Kecleon!" It yelled. I threw out Emerald, my Sceptile, and we were ready for battle.

"Alright, Emerald. Use pursuit!" Emerald let out a cry and charged at the Pokémon and hit it. The opposing Pokemon changed in color slightly and was back in position. It ran towards Emerald and scratched her.

"Ah! Emerald use quick attack!" I panicked a bit. Even though it may look like a freaking chameleon, it was pretty darn powerful. Emerald attacked the Kecleon with force, knocking it down. I grinned, but it got up and changed colors again.

I was getting pissed off.

"Leaf blade, Emerald! Quick!" Emerald's arms glowed and leaves began to attack the thing. It struggled to get up, but it still kept changing colors.

"Alright. Finish it off with pursuit!" Emerald finally let out a final blow to it, making it retreat to the forest. I sighed in relief.

"Good job, girl. You did great." I cooed and gave her a pat on the head before returning her to her ball. I made my way back to Fortree, since the device I received was very helpful.

When I got there, the place where I couldn't get past, I was immediately met with several trainers.

They were speaking amongst themselves, and not noticing me. I quickly hid behind a tree, so they would not mock me when I came out.

I overheard their conversation.

"What do you guys think happened to Kira?" I recognized that to be Ash's voice. I couldn't forget that annoying kid.

There was a small pause.

"She probably went away with Team Aqua. Besides, why do you care?" Gary. Anger boiled up in me. I held in a breath and slowly let it out to calm myself.

"Well, maybe she isn't with them?" He sounded uncertain, but he was still bent on thinking I'm not actually with Team Aqua.

"Actually," I recognized as May, spoke, "maybe Ash has a point. There are numerous possibilities as to why she joined."

The temptation to show myself was almost too much to handle. I held my breath.

Here goes everything.

I stepped away from the tree, still not seen, and cleared my throat. The surprised looks on their faces became apparent and I swore I heard someone mutter 'the traitor is here.'

"Hey, guys." I sheepishly smiled. They didn't reply. I sighed sadly and grabbed the Devon scope Steven gave me and used it on the invisible Pokémon blocking the path to the gym.

I sent out Emerald to get rid of them.

"Use leaf blade." I lowly said. Emerald used her toughest leaf blade and all the Kecleons retreated to the trees. I returned Emerald and began walking to the gym, not looking back at the others.

I was too upset to face them. Way too upset.

One day, I'll show them.

-----

I apologize for this super late update. I promise to get it right next time. ;-;

Also, I really don't like my story so far.. it's just random and off the top of my head...

anyway, see you next week!

~Hiiro