Dragon's Magic (Dragon)

"You mean dragon's eggs?" Sora, the wizard's apprentice asked as the old man in the voluminous robes who was reading at ancient tome on his cluttered table. His name was Colwyn the Wonderful, but she only called him master. She did not think him wonderful anymore.

"NO! Dragon's seed!" He yelled, shutting the book closed. "I need dragon's seed." He marched over to the young woman who was now five and twenty years of age since the Spring Equinox. Sora had been his apprentice from the age of ten. Even so, she should have known not to question him.

He grabbed her arm with his gnarly hand and dragged her to the door of his home. He thrusted a glass jar with a hinged lid into her arms. His long white hair was fluttered about as pulled the wooden door open.

"Master, how do I collect dragon's seed. I never heard of it before. It is a root or a plant?" She planted her cloth covered feet to stop herself from being push out the door.

"Just like a man's seed. You are old enough to know how to extract that. You are not that naïve, are you?" Colwyn spat at her. Sora's honey brown eyes grew wide, and she gripped the jar. The wizard looked down at her in amazement. "No matter, you will learn when you get there." With that, he tossed her out of the cabin, telling her that she will not enter unless she returns with the dragon seed.

Sora stared at the door, tempting to break it down. She looked at the empty jar in her hands. She knew that she could not fool the wizard with something that was not what he asked. Sadly, she trudged to the woods that encompassed the cabin.

There was a dragon who had their keep not too far from the cabin, just a few hours walk. Sora regretted not being able to grab her boots or her cloak. As she walked, she nibbled on berries and nuts that she found along the way. There was a bit of chill in the wind for the days had started to get a bit shorter.

She smelled brimstone, knowing that she must be close. At the mouth of a cave, she saw the prints of a dragon. They were larger that her torso, so they have to be at least fifteen feet long, without counting their tail.

Sora took a deep breath. She looked down and wipe the dirt from her patchwork apron. Underneath, she had her heavy brown skirt that fell at the calves and an off-white tunic tucked in. She took her long auburn hair from the braid that she twisted that morning. After running her fingers through to calm the crazed frazzled look, she braided it again.

"Hello? Dragon, are you in?" Sora called as she entered the cave. It was deep, seeming dipping into the earth. She felt along the stone wall to led her. Turning, there was a light beyond the tunnel.

"Who are you to enter my domicile?" A deep, rumbling voice called out as she entered the chamber. She gasped, seeing all the gold and treasures in the keep. Sora looked about, trying to find the source of the voice. There, in the farthest corners amidst the shadows, there was a black mass.

"My name is Sora, apprentice to Colwyn the Wonderful." She curtsied to the dragon.

"Hmm, I am beginning to wonder when I would see anyone in his service. Wizards are always asking for this and that." The dragon mused, moving from the shadow. The light hit the black scales, giving them a rainbow effect. Sora gasped at the beauty of it. Looking at their face, she could see their eyes were an emerald green. There were two slender horns on the top of their snake like head. Wings stretched out to the top of the cavern as they walked on their four taloned feet. "So, little apprentice, what are you here to ask for?"

Sora bit her lip for it was quite embarrassing to ask. The dragon tilted their head, looking at the female. She was petite in size for a human. She wore modest coverings. She was clean in appearance and smell. The scent of fresh flowers clung to her. They raised the ridge above their eye, waiting for her response.