Hair of Wolf (Brandon the Lover)

"Chi with oat milk for Brandon." Kira called out from the pick-up station. Walking to her, Brandon gave her his biggest smile. His splurge of the day, and it was not the tea. It was seeing her. Sure, she was different than the girls that Brandon liked in the past. With her sable-colored hair that was constant in a fishtail braid to her waist and her dark moss green eyes, she was built like a boxer for that she what she did in her spare time. She was only a few inches shorter than him, tall for the average female. And she was a wolf shifter.

"Thanks, Kira." He replied, taking a sip. "You are the only one who makes it the best." He got her to smile. She was not afraid to show her fangs when she smiled at Brandon. His day was not complete until he saw her.

"You know, there are others who work here that can make it just as good." Kira voiced, trying not to blush. Brandon always asked if she could make his drink even if he had to wait.

"Nah, you do it better." Brandon replied, giving her another smile. They always chatted a bit when they could. When it would be really slow, Kira would take her break and sit with him in the lobby. They had a few common interests and shared hobbies. After knowing him for a few months, she considered him a friend. She did not have many of those.

A phone called interrupted their conversation. It was Arny and Brandon had to take it. Kira waved good bye and went back to work. She watched him go. As a human, he was pleasing to look at. She like how his hair fell around his face and the darkness of his eyes. And, he was taller than her which was rare. She did not care about height but everyone around her did. He left and she cursed at herself again for not getting his phone number.

Brandon was half way down the street when he realized he did not ask for her number again. He had been building up to that. This was not something he did not want to rush into, but having a better way to talk to her than having a mob of people around. Besides, he could send her good morning beautiful and good night baby texts if he had her number. If she wanted those and him. Brandon could not lie to himself, he was falling for Kira.

The next few days were a blur for the both and they were itching to see the other. Kira thought about following his scent to his place. It would not be hard for it was locked in her memory banks. Chocolate with a hint of mint is what he smell like to her. She loved when his scent would fill her nose.

Waking up to start her day, Kira fell down in pain. Of course, she would go into heat that day. Grabbing her phone, she called out of work. She snarled for it was Wednesday and Brandon always came to in that day. Stripping down to her tank top and underwear, she forced herself into her bathroom and started to fill the tub with cold water. From the industrial ice maker in her kitchen, she got bucket after bucket of ice.

When her claw foot tub was filled, she tossed the rest of her clothes off. Setting her phone on the little table position next to the tub, she climbed in. Steam rose from the water as she emerged into the iceberg water. She cursed, mad that she would not see Brandon today. He was a highlight of her lonely life.

Brandon walked into the coffee shop with a nice suit on. He had been out, making videos and a photo shoot. Now, he wanted to see Kira to ask her out on a date. His eyes scanned the register area. Usually, she would be up there, either working or waiting to serve him. He could not find her.

"No, she is not here today. Called out." Her coworker, a sprite with pink skin and glimmery wings told. Brandon frowned. He asked if she could give Kira his number.

Kira's phone chimed with a message. It was from Tori, the sprite from work. The message said that Brandon was there and asked to give his number to her. Along with the message with his number and a picture Tori took without Brandon knowing. Kira purred, seeing Brandon in the black suit with a black dressed shirt. He was always a cutie, now he was downright edible.