The Yong and the Qilin Part Two (Danny Phantom Exe)

The image above is from x-Celebril-x on DeviantArt titled Sleipnir. Yes, Sleipnir plays a part in this story. 

Warning: male pregnancy and postpartum depression. 

Now, the story...

Danny was finishing his eye liner when there was a knock at the front door on Tara's house. Tonight, Tara and he were going to dinner and in the morning, they were picking up Tara's grandfather up from the airport. Gunther Kristiansen was coming back from visiting his home country of Norway.

It would be the first time that Danny meets the mountain of a man that Tara called Farfar (Norwegian for paternal grandfather). There has been face time calls that Danny has been a part of. The man was so large that he would have to hold the phone far from him, giving Danny an idea of the giant who raised his girlfriend.

He might as well be Odin with two blue eyes and silver hair that hung nearly to his waist when it was not braided. A beard of silvery snow that hit in the middle of his broad barrel chest. He was built like a professional linebacker who's top of his head would ghost door frames. Danny seen pictures of him younger, just married to Tara's NaiNai who could sit on his massive shoulder like a bird. The only thing missing were the two ravens, Hugin and Munin.

A squeal from the front room got Danny up and moving to Tara. When he reached the living room space, he stopped and stared. With Tara's feet nearly three feet in the air in his tree limbs for arms, Gunther was there and dressed in brown leather and denim.

"I got an earlier flight home, my little enhjorning (unicorn of Norwegian)." Gunther explained, hugging his granddaughter. He lowered her the ground and smiled. He was spent the last three weeks in Norway, visiting with remaining family and friends who were still alive. Now, he was home and ready to finally meet the young man that made Tara happy in person.

"Oh, hello. Umm, that dress is very pretty on you." Gunther exclaimed, seeing Danny standing in the room. Danny was wearing a black cocktail dress with a strappy neckline and his black faux leather boots. "Tara, why didn't you tell me that she was transitioning? The gift I got for Danny may be too masculine." He spoke in a hushed tone in her ear.

"Transitioning? No, Farfar. We are just going on a gender bender date. See." Tara stepped away, showing her black suit pants, men's white dress shirt, and tie. "Just like you and NaiNai back in the day."

"Oh yes!" Gunther spoke with a hardy laugh. "You are the one I have been waiting to meet." Gunther held on his hand as Danny approached.

"It is an honor to finally meet you in person, sir." Danny expressed, shaking his hand. Gunther could have easily shown a force of strength, but he did not. Danny and Tara had been a couple for nearly two years, before that, frenemies for about a year.

"Please, Gunther is just fine. Besides, if you survived Tara this long, you can call me by my first name." Gunther mused.

"Farfar, I am not that bad." Tara crossed her arms.

"You hit him with a shovel, and then, your car." Gunther looking at her pointedly.

"The car one was my fault. I said I was out of the way." Danny came to Tara's defense. It was after they started dating and he was not paying attention as he pulled his bag from her car. He said he was clear, and she caught his hip with the taillight as she was backing into her garage.

"So was the shovel. Anyways, Farfar are you hungry? We were about to go to dinner." Tara wanted to get the subject away from her hitting Danny with anything.

"Sure. This reminds me of when Qiang and I would dress up in drag and go out to eat. People were going to stare at this us anyways. A large Norwegian man with a tiny little Chinese woman. Why not give them something else to talk about." Gunther laughed.