The Yong and the Qilin (Danny Phantom Exe)

The image above is from evpraksiya on DeviantArt. Just imagine green fire for the mane and tail for Tara's Qilin form. 

This image is from AngelRox99 also on Deviant Art

This image is from AngelRox99 also on Deviant Art. White scales with black tips and you got Danny's yong form.

Now, the story...

I am being so pathetic. Tara thought as a tear rolled down her cheek. There, sitting in the convention hall, wearing her Nezuko Kamado cosplay, long black wig, and crying to herself. It was that she felt incredibly lonely. Her friends, if she could still call them that, had bailed on her at the last minute. She was okay until the notification popped up from Instagram about all of them, hanging out together. Now, she was debating about leaving and hiding under her favorite blanket.

"Hey. Are you okay?" A soft male voice spoke next to her. Tara looked up, seeing a curly dark-haired guy, wearing a Bakugo cosplay standing there. His eyes, as dark as his hair looked at her concerned. "I heard you crying."

"I'm fine. Just throwing myself a pity party." Tara replied, using her sleeve to dry her face. He sat down, waiting for her to continue. "My fri...people I know bailed on me. They are all out together, having fun." She looked down.

"That suck, love." He spoke. She looked at him. No one had call her 'love' since her grandmother. It sounded sweet to her. "Looks like you are in need of new friends. I'm Arny."

"Tara." She smiled. "I will be okay. Please don't go out of your way for me."

"Too late. Come on and I will introduce you to the rest of the group." Arny held out his hand. Taking a breath, she took his hand. Would not hurt to meet some new people, right?

Danny's eyes narrowed as Arny walked back to the group with the girl who had been sitting by herself. There was something off about her that Danny could not place his finger on. As they drew closer and Arny started to introduce Tara to the group, Danny found himself staring at her. Her scent was not human.

Tara tried not to make eye contact with the one who Arny called Danny. His stare was making her nervous. The cologne he sprayed on earlier that day had faded, letting his natural scent come through. She took it on. Her nostrils flared, snapping her green eyes at him. The boy in the matching Bakugo costume was far from normal.

The two kept a distance as Tara was accepted into the group. It was nice to have people to talk with and shared her interest and hobbies. She found herself laughing again. Before she knew it, the convention was closing for the night.

"Have dinner with us. Just a group thing. Please?" Arny asked as the group were going back to their hotel rooms to change. Tara agreed. As she walked away, she felt Danny's eyes on her. Turning around, she stared back at him. She tilted her head, signaling for him to follow. Not waiting to see if he would, Tara headed to the parking garage at the convention hall.

Danny waited, telling Arny that he wanted to check something out before coming up. Arny rolled his eyes and left his friend to his own devices. It was easy to follow Tara for she was not trying to mask her scent. Sure, she had a head start, but Danny was closing the gap.