Prologue: How it all started

At the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Princess Peach were normal life until Bowser and his army invaded the Mushroom Kingdom to kidnapped Princess Peach and steal the treasure. 

The Mario brothers and Yoshi had to fight not only Bowser, but also his son, Bowser Jr. and Boshi. They had defeated their enemies and were about to rescue Peach, but suddenly they were attacked by aliens from outer space who've took Peach and the treasure before heading towards Bowser's castle. 

Using the Warp Star, Mario and his friends will go after the alien invaders to Bowser's castle. But they're not the only ones as Bowser, Jr, and Boshi will also make their way present his kingdom from being invaded. 

The castle has often been destroyed and rebuilt, and appears different in each game that it appears in

The castle has often been destroyed and rebuilt, and appears different in each game that it appears in. It is usually filled with lava pits, booby traps, and Bowser's minions, and always includes a room where Bowser holds residence and that is sometimes the royal throne room. 

However, the alien invaders have came and breached the castle. On the backside of the castle, we see Mario, Lugui, and Yoshi riding the Warp Star to the back entrance on the rooftops.

Mario is a short man with brown hair, blue eyes, and has a lumpy moustache. 

Mario is typically shown wearing his trademark outfit wherever he goes. He has a long-sleeved red shirt, which is tucked under a pair of white gloves and has a noticeable collar at the neck. He also wears blue overalls with yellow buttons layered over his shirt. On his feet is a pair of light-brown work shoes.

 On his feet is a pair of light-brown work shoes

Luigi is Mario's tall, younger brother. Luigi is slimmer and taller. His mustache as "smooth", unlike Mario's "lumpy" mustache. Luigi's sideburn is also different, being a simple round shape while Mario's has an indentation, and his eyes are thinner than Mario's.

Luigi also wears clothes similar to Mario, but his shirt and cap are green instead of red. Layered over the shirt is blue overalls, which are a darker blue than Mario's. He also has brown work shoes, again darker than Mario's, with tan bottoms that reach above his ankles. He wears white gloves like Mario.