Chapter 5: Fight Fire with Fire and Dinosaur

Natsu was slamming his fiery fists into the Jupiter Cannon barrel. He was having no success. He then noticed the cracked areas created from Bowser's blast and tried punching there; even then he still couldn't break it.

Natsu: (growled in irritation) Crap! I'm barely scratching the surface!

Happy: I guess we're just gonna have to destroy it from the inside, huh?

Natsu ceased his hitting as his face brightened in realization. He looked back at Happy and smiled.

Natsu: Good idea, Happy!

The Dragon Slayer and flying cat approached the end of the cannon and swung themselves over into the barrel.

Natsu: Alright, let's do this!

Happy: Aye!

Yoshi: Wait up! (flutter jumps next to them) 

Natsu: Yoshi!

Yoshi: I'm gonna be teaming up with you. You need someone with the advantage of speed, I'm just the dinosaur to do that.

Natsu: (grin) Sure thing, let's stop the cannon. 

The trio ran down the dark, grooved tunnel toward the bright light at the end. When they reached the other end, they were in a massive room.

In the center was a huge, glass sphere with a grayish tint. Circled around it on the walls were four smaller red, blue, yellow, and green spheres. Situated on the ceiling was a big clock with Roman numeral numbers.

 Situated on the ceiling was a big clock with Roman numeral numbers

Yoshi: Is this some sort of control room? 

The minute hand on the clock moved.

PA System: Eleven minutes until Jupiter fires.

Happy: They must be using that magic lacrima to collect magical energy.

Natsu: Yeah, but why do they need one as big as that?

Happy: Cause Magical Focusing Cannons don't fire regular ammunition, instead they fire concentrated magical power.

Natsu: I didn't get most of that. But all we have to do is destroy that thing, don't we?

Yoshi: Basically yeah, let's stop the countdown. 

???: I can't allow that.

The trio looked down to see a young man with his black and white hair stylized in a Japanese-styled top knot. He wore a reddish-orange coat with red fur around his collar, black pants, and black boots. Strapped to the black belt on his waist was a katana. This was Totomaru, one of the Element 4.

 This was Totomaru, one of the Element 4