Chapter 4: War of Guilds

After rescuing Lucy from the cluches of the Phantom Lord Guild, they were now back at Fairy Tail. Makarov was taken by Alzack and Bisca for treatment of his sickness. But with their injured members and defeated Master, the morale in the guild was at an all time low.

Inside of the Guild Hall, Macao, Wakaba, and others were coming up with a counter attack on Phantom while Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser Natsu, Gray, and Elfman were by a wall watching over Lucy, who began to share her secret of being a member of the wealthy Heartfilia Family and how her only parent, her father who cared very little for her, hired Phantom Lord to bring her back to him.

Mario: Don't worry Lucy. We'll get him back for this.

That did little to help Lucy as her head sunk lower.

Lucy: I know. I'm not worried about that. (paused, appearing to be on the verge of crying again) It's just...all my fault.

Elfman: Being targeted by powerful people is just one of the downsides of being rich. (smirked proudly) At least you're protected by a real man like me.

Gray: Hey! Would you give it a rest already?!

Happy: I gotta say I was pretty shocked when I heard the news.

Luigi: Yeah, but why did you hide the truth from us Lucy?

Lucy: I wasn't trying to hide anything! I mean there's no need to bring up the fact that I'm a runaway in casual conversation. I've been gone for a year and my father hasn't care. Now he wants me to come home? He's done all those horrible things just to get me to come back, I hate his guts!

Mario, along with the rest of the group, looked at the blonde mage with sympathy. Even Bowser felt bad for Lucy. No father should treat their children like that.

Lucy: Still if I hadn't runaway in the first place none of this would have happened. 

Elfman: Come on, don't be ridiculous. Your dad's the one to blame.

Yoshi: You're not helping, Elfman! 

Elfman: (stuttered) Uh... I mean that it's Phantom's fault!

Lucy: No. I'm the one who brought trouble to the guild because of my own selfish choices. I'm so very sorry. I'm just gonna go back home and hopefully, this will all be over.

All of the sudden everyone heard a loud crash and looked to see Bowser punched a hole in the wall.

Bowser: Go back to what exactly? A father who barely acknowledges you're there? Spending the rest of your life sad and miserable? Well guess what, I'm not having that crap!

Lucy gasps in surprised.

Mario: Bowser's right, Lucy. From my experience, a group like Phantom Lord isn't just gonna stop because we give in to their demands. They're gonna want payback for our retaliation.

Natsu: Besides, you don't look like the kind of girl who plays the pretty princess that sits around doing nothing.

Luigi: You laugh with us in this guild, freak out all the time and care for someone like me, Mario, Yoshi, and Bowser. That's who you are, the Lucy Heartfilia we know.

Yoshi: You choose to runaway Lucy, YOU choose to join Fairy Tail, and THEY decided to make apart of their family.

Bowser: If your old man wants to take you back then he can get off his high and mighty chair and come get you himself. Even if he did, he would have to get past our guild. And even if he did, he would have to get past me. Then I will choose to make him sorry he tried to take you from us.