Chapter 2: Phantom Lord

The team eventually went their separate ways, leaving Lucy to walk back home on her own, with her luggage pulled behind her and her companion spirit, Plue, walking along the front.

Lucy: Well, this is a pretty big mess we're in right now, isn't it, Plue?

Plue squeaks in agreement.

A man in a passing boat, traveling along the wide canal, calls out to Lucy.

Man: Watch out, Blondie. You're about to step away from swimming.

Yet, Lucy is too caught up in her thoughts.

Lucy: I had no idea the Phantom Lord guild in Fairy Tail had such a rivalry between them. Honestly, I thought about joining them before I met up with Natsu. They've got a reputation of being almost as crazy as Fairy Tail. But I love our Guild. I don't regret my decision at all. (opens her door) Fairy Tail is kind of like my family.

As soon as she entered, her eyes bulged open. Sitting at her dinner table eating a large, cooked fish was Erza, Gray, Mario, and Luigi. Erza and Mario were at the front while Gray and Luigi were on opposite sides of the table.

Natsu, Bowser, Yoshi and Happy were on the floor, the latter was eating a fish of his own. Erza wore a white shirt with a blue skirt. Gray sported a pair of black pants and a white buttoned up shirt. Natsu was in his regular attire. 

Mario: Hey Lucy!

Luigi: You came. 

Gray: Welcome home.

Erza: Very nice place you have here.

Lucy: YOU CAME IN WITHOUT ASKING FIRST!!!

The blonde then threw her at suitcase at Natsu, which Yoshi winced at.

Lucy: WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?! 

Yoshi: Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Erza: (holding a cup of tea) Since the guild has been attacked, we can assume that there are still Phantom Lord members in town.

Gray: They probably figured out where everyone in Fairy Tail lives by now. 

Lucy: Where we live?!

Mario: Mira brought up the idea of members staying in groups. Just in case Phantom attempts to try something more lethal.

Gray: You know, strength in numbers.

Lucy: I guess she's right.

Happy: That's why everybody in Fairy Tail is having a slumber party tonight.

Erza: You are an attractive teenage girl, after all. I wasn't entirely comfortable with you just being here alone with Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Natsu and Gray. I felt I could only relax if I stayed here as well.

Bowser:  You do remember that you convinced me, Mario, Green Stache, and Yoshi to come here, right? We were fine with guarding the guild hall.

Mario: Especially after we repaired it this morning. 

(flashback) 

Mario and Luigi were seen heading towards the Guild Hall in their builder outfits.