Chapter 6: Care for a splash?

Roxanna having been completely drained from her work week, not to mention the mental assault she's had to endure from her inner voice. Feeling like she's starting to go number that is if she hadn't already. Unable to tell anymore with how heavy her body feels. It's almost as if every time she takes a step forward there's a rope wrapped around her dragging her back.

Having the belief that she should have been more grateful for the one night of good rest she'd had gotten. Feeling her room begin to grow smaller again. Filling to brim with water trapping her in. Unsure if that chance of sleep was all an imagination to itself. Feeling like a fool to ever believe she'd even be given such a pleasure. Dropping herself on the bed with a heavy weight of a bag of cement. Unsure how she's even able to roll herself out of bed every morning much less function.

It was hard for her to even come up with a proper outline to hand over to Valdes within the due date. To have to watch him mark all over it, find it so unsatisfactory, ended up shredding it, telling her to come up with something else. Roxanna closes her eyes wondering if she's even going to make it to next week. Feeling like she's not even thinking straight when she agrees with making plans with Celine in her condition. Having agreed to go dress shopping with her, here how ecstatic she was over the phone she can't bring herself to cancel on her. Feeling worse as her maid of honor for even letting the idea cross her mind.

"You're as selfish as you are incompetent." Squeezing her eyes tighter as she is met with another assault from her inner voice. "Just shut up for once will you?" Roxanna says irritatedly as if she wasn't feeling bad about herself enough.

"What, can't handle the truth can you?" hearing the condescending laugh of her voice, "all i did was tell you what others won't say themselves."

"Or is it that you just love living in denial." Hearing it laugh once more reverberating in the back of her mind constantly. "So what? You think just because you're a little exhausted that absolves you from how selfish you really are?" It's almost as if she could feel it smirk but she isn't even sure anymore feeling her mind just constantly bouncing around.

It was getting harder for her to breathe, her lungs being crushed under a sinking pressure. The air grew colder as she found it harder to breathe. "Why don't you just stop this pity party, and be so full of yourself-" Her inner voice seems to get cut off, a cool gust of wind sweeps across her skin.

It was peaceful, but why does she feel no peace?

Eyes fluttering open, hearing the rustling of leaves as the wind blew. A purple petals landed on her cheek as she started up into the canopy of flowers. Roxanna's eyes were dull or much rather clouded over. Resembling unpolished peridot gems. Wondering why she was brought back here. Why does she have to be toyed with by her own subconscious like this. Playing it's sick game of making her find joy in something only to destroy that joy and bring her back when she can no longer enjoy it. Just staring up at the swaying petals as more begin to rain down around and on her.

A bee comes along perching itself on her nose. It seems to stare back at her as if asking something she doesn't understand. Slowly try sitting up, be careful not to startle the little guy. Reaching over into her basket, it turns around as she does as if to inspect what she had inside with her. Unable to find any more apples or honey, she settles on giving it some peach slices and melons covered in jam. The bee seems rather content flying off of her nose and over to the napkin where she had set them down. "So you really did come for treats." Having known that it would have been foolish to have guessed it was there to offer her any comfort. Seeing as it flew away after having its fill. Seeing that their arrangement was only that of convenience. That only being one sided as only the one of them was satisfied.