Chapter 12: Falling Moment

Roxanna is walking out the doors after getting permission to use the camera for her interview. She hears Andy calling her by the nickname he decided to call her by. This prompted her to sail out the doors faster not wanting to deal with his energy draining reasoning. Roxanna quickly flags down a taxi and heads inside. "Where yer heading?" The driver asks. "Hestia's Restaurant." Roxanna says as she's checking over if she has everything. Camera? Check, notepad? Check, voice recorder? Check.

Roxanna is relieved she got away but more importantly eager to conduct a pre interview. She always welcomes different perspectives of the lives behind artworks. "Going on an afternoon date now are we?" The driver asks jokingly as they drive off, always willing to chat and get to know his passengers for a nice commute. "No, just regular editor business." Roxanna says, not wanting him to get the wrong idea.

"You people really do pick the fanciest of places to be conducting business. Just look at you all gussied up and everything." The driver says looking at her through the rear view mirror.

Roxanna wouldn't quite coin her outfit as being gussied up. As that would mean calling everything in her closet gussied up. Her outfit right now consists of a simple beige turtleneck with brown pleated trousers with a waist coat thrown over her.

"Always have to leave a lasting impression." she says, though she starts to question what actual impression she's giving. Wondering if it was giving an impression she never thought of. And if so what impression that might be.

"Well I'll be. An impression indeed." The driver says, seeing that she suddenly looks a bit lost.

Roxanna looks out the window, now losing herself in the beautiful autumn colors. Red orange and yellow leaves that seem like a late evening sunset on the ground. People dawning similar colors, if not even opting for a neutral beige or brown like she had. She wonders if any of those people thought about what impression they gave when throwing on their outfits. Or if they just threw them on just because. The contrast of warm colors amidst the cool autumn breeze.

It's all just one big moving art piece, it's been awhile since she'd stop and watch the world moving around her. Then again she'd decided to ignore it as it makes her feel stuck every time she's aware of it. It makes her feel like time slips by while she's just there idle like an NPC in her own world. Roxanna takes out her phone to snap a few pictures and videos to make a memory of it. "It's beautiful ain't it." The driver is also mesmerizing in the beauty of the scene.

"Yes it really is." Roxanna says, not sure what else words to describe it.

"I remember when me and the ole wife would take even drives and enjoy the falling leaves." The driver says looking up at his mirror. "She would always want to take it home with her. Selecting a leaf she found prettiest."

"Though I would have to say no leaf could compare to how vibrant and beautiful she was." The drivers looks back on the road. A twinge of nostalgia in his voice.

"Sounds like you had a loving experience with your wife." Roxanna says, wondering if she'll ever end up like that.

"Yes indeedly so. Every waking moment with her was memorable." The driver says, Roxanna looks at the rear mirror. She sees the pressed leaf key chain hang from it. She wonders what he thinks when he sees it being reminded of his wife.

She turns her head back to the window, and watches as the leaves fall. The leaves remind her of herself with them being the same color of her hair. Yet she feels that's where their similarities end. The leaves fall gracefully knowing they'll come back anew.However, when she falls, she sinks, with no space to move or breath just an endless vertical drop. There is nothing new to come after only an infinite abysmal void.