CHAPTER 6 - CITY HALL

"I HEREBY declare you, man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The mayor said in an ecstatic manner.

But Phoenix didn't move an inch and just stood in front of her, glaring. He's trying to tell everyone in the room that he is very mad about this.

She had a hunch earlier that this is what is going to happen when Phoenix mentioned about Grandpa Fred wanting them to go to city hall... But that didn't mean that she didn't wish for her hunch to actually come true.

When they arrived at the city hall, they were both gaping in shock upon Grandpa Fred suddenly announcing that they are having their wedding right at that moment, which of course, shocked the hell out the both of them.

Phoenix tried to protest and reasoned that it was still so early for a wedding to take place, which she seconds the motion.

But as usual, Grandpa Fred ignored their reactions and told the judge to start the ceremony. While she and Phoenix were in complete trance, the ceremony took its course. But she knows that both of them were not paying attention and busy with their eye staring contest.

Meanwhile, Grandpa Fred is a meter behind Phoenix as the witness. And he seems to be enjoying this current event he just planned.

Looking at Phoenix in his long-sleeves who is currently holding...or more like, gripping her hands, firmly, but not to the point that it hurts, with a frowning face...she almost wanted to laugh. Is it just her or this day is so full of surprises?

She raised an eyebrow when a few minutes passed and Phoenix didn't obey what the officiator just said.

"Phoenix, the mayor said 'kiss your bride.'" Grandpa Fred whispered in gritted teeth when Phoenix still didn't move an inch.

But man...her husband doesn't have any intention of sealing their wedding. She chuckled inside in her at the thought of how much he must have despised this sudden event that would technically change something in his life.

Jewel raised an eyebrow when he was still glaring at her.

'Oh come now...I know I brushed my teeth. And I'm sure that my breath smells good. Like peppermint.' She thought to herself.

Upon realizing that Phoenix doesn't want to kiss her, after glaring at her for how many minutes already, making Grandpa and the judges impatient, she rolled her eyes and took the initiative.

She grabs him behind his neck with her left hand and made his head lean down to reach her level, due to height difference of 6'1 and 5'6, and smashes his lips onto hers, molding them together for a second.

Their eyes are both open so she could clearly see his reaction.

Shocked...and stunned...

His lips did not move. So she stopped moving her lips.

Damn. She had no idea on how to kiss anyone so she wished that Phoenix would do anything to make this scene a little bit realistic. But what can she do. This is Phoenix. Stubborn, arrogant and prideful Phoenix.

But in the few seconds that their lips are stuck to each other, she was surprised on the softness of his lips. How it felt so good upon her. The feeling of it against her is sending small sparks throughout her body that she never felt before.

So this is how a real kiss feel.

The cheers of the other people in the room echoed as she released him. She gives him a cocky smile and just enjoyed the combination of frustration and utter confusion plastered on his face.