CHAPTER 14 - Ice Tea and Coffee

"GRACE, IS there something wrong with Felix today?" Jewel asks Grace who was currently with her in the booth handling out some food packages for the people in a shelter waiting in a line in front of their table.

They are currently volunteering in Mr. and Mrs. Smith's Shelter for homeless people for the Christmas season.

And as far as Jewel could observe, Felix has been smiling from ear to ear ever since he arrived together with Grace.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Grace said as she hands out another bag full of goods to the person waiting up front. The woman with her little girl by her side, around six or seven years old, thanked them with a smile before moving from the line.

"I don't know...Is it just me or it's just my mind messing with me, but I swear, I could see cupcakes, rainbows and unicorns flying around him." She said observing Felix as he helps sorting the goods from the donations with his eyes sparkling and smiles with genuine and pure happiness.

Grace suddenly laughs at her which made her return her attention to her.

"Your imagination's weird Jewel...really? Cupcakes and unicorns?"

"I'm telling you...I could feel him giving off an aura of a five-year old that was given a gift that he's been waiting for all Christmas. Did something happen?..." She asks Grace confused.

"Uhm...Nothing? Wasn't he always like that?" Grace said but she was obviously diverting her attention to another direction.

She's obviously hiding something.

"Uhh...no." Jewel said, stating her point. "He's always been clingy to you, but he was never all that smiley...and why on earth are you wearing a turtle neck on this kind of weather? Uh...Where is your uniform?"

She noticed that Grace is not wearing the blue shirts they always wear on their volunteering gigs. It's the first time that Grace missed wearing their uniform.

"Uhm...Laundry?"

"Yeah right...and a turtle-neck is all what you can think of wearing?"

"W-well...Uhm...Yeah...C-cause...It's kinda cold? For me...yeah it's kinda cold." Grace said, unsure of herself. She seemed to be having a hard time finding for an excuse.

"Mmm..I think I know what the real reason is..." She blurts out as the idea strikes her brain.

Jewel already has a whiff of what's going on. She has read a lot of novels and stories and one of reasons behind why a woman or man is wearing a turtle-neck in a season where someone's not supposed to wear it, is if they are trying to hide something...

Specifically...something naughty.

"W-what?..." Grace's forehead knotted seeing her mischievous look.

"Let me see..." Jewel said and pulled her the hem of the neck part of Grace's turtle-neck to take a peek inside.

"H-hey! What the heck are you doing Jewel?!" Grace said struggling off from her.

The person in front of them is really confused of what is going on but thankfully he was patiently waiting in the line.

"Just want to check on something."

Aha! Found it!

She lets go of her Grace and a wicked grin formed her lips when she confirmed her suspicions.

"Jewel!"

"So sorry Grace. My curiosity got really ahead of me. But yep I was right..." Then she leaned a little closer to Grace and whispered. "Love bites."