CHAPTER 19 - ROOM

OUT BETWEEN the spaces on the crowd, Phoenix's eyes widened in horror and panic when he saw Jewel lying unconscious on the ground. He felt his blood rushed throughout his whole body. His heart pounding loudly, deafening his own ears. He felt like he was running out of air and he felt like someone punched him hard in his heart.

An emotion that he has embedded long ago deep inside his mind suddenly emerged.

"Jewel! Grandpa, I'll call you later!"

"Wait, Phoenix! What is going on with Jewel?! Phoen---.

He immediately hangs up on his grandpa who was about to say something when he cut him off and ran to where his wife is currently lying unconscious, shoving the people surrounding her aside.

He went to Jewel and his panic increased when she showed no signs of waking up. He tapped her cheek to try waking her, but nothing. Thankfully, a paramedic team came and brought Jewel to their vehicle. They carried her to a stretcher and put an oxygen mask on her because they notice how small the gaps of her breathing are.

"Sir, we need to bring your girlfriend to the hospital, she needs immediate medical care. There is something wrong with her that is beyond our medical knowledge." One of the paramedics said.

His forehead knotted when the guy said 'girlfriend'. For some reason, he didn't like that. "She's my wife." He corrected.

"Oh...I see. I'm sorry about that. So...Mr...?"

"Phoenix Wade."

"Mr. Wade...Like I said, we need to bring your wife to the nearest hospital immediately."

"What happened exactly? Why did she suddenly pass out?" Then he remembered what she just told him earlier. "Did something triggered asthma?"

"We don't know for sure, sir. Asthmatic people don't usually pass out immediately and the witnesses said that she just suddenly collapsed to the ground. You'll just have to ask the doctors for further explanation. For now, we must bring her to the hospital right away."

Phoenix just nodded and held on to his questions for now. The important thing is for Jewel to be brought to safety.

Since he cannot fit inside the medical vehicle because there were a lot of other members, he went to his car and just followed the vehicle. He already told them in advance to bring them to his grandfather's hospital. A side business his grandpa has always had.

THE DOCTOR his grandfather has personally assigned for Jewel steps out from Jewels room, after he told Grandpa Fred everything that has happened.

Both of them stood up from their seats in the waiting area as the doctor approached them.

"How is she Doctor?" Was Grandpa Fred's first question as soon as the doctor was in front of them.

The doctor flipped some of the papers on the chart before answering grandpa's question.

"She is fine now, we have stabilized her breathing but I will need her medical records from her family doctor since I need to know more about her---."

"Yes, doctor. I'll give them to you. I will contact her doctor right away." Grandpa cuts him off before he could even continue. "Thank you." He added before the doctor said that it is okay to enter Jewel's room now.

But Phoenix was confused when Grandpa Fred suddenly cuts what the doctor was about to say. It seemed very important that it needs to be kept confidential. But why? And what is this about a family doctor? He did not know that she has one, but then, why would the current doctor need her previous medical history? It doesn't make any sense to him. He felt like he was being kept in the dark. And he hates it whenever he is being left in the dark.