CHAPTER 28 - SPRINKLES

HE NEVER would have thought that watching some boring colorful petals would actually make him feel contented and relaxed.

'They're just flowers right?' He thought to himself.

But every time he glanced at his wife's genuinely happy face, maybe, appreciating these kinds of things wouldn't be that bad.

After being satisfied with the different varieties of flowers, they both went to feed the koi fishes in a circular pond on the center of a pavilion. The pond was surrounded by dahlias and daisies.

It was his first time feeding koi fishes and it was quite enjoyable. The mouth of the Koi fishes sucking for the food on his hand is tickling but relaxing at the same time.

He turned his head to Jewel when she was laughing while feeding the Koi fishes. A smile formed his lips and his heart pounded upon the sight. The sound of her laughter feels like music to his ears.

So cute.

He's really glad that she is enjoying this.

They also took some photos of themselves together as they reach each of their destinations. They took turns in taking the pictures but, they didn't get one together, and he was disappointed.

He wanted to have even one photo with her.

"So the last thing in the brochure is 'tending of the plants.' You can water them and also do some gardening. Oh! And it also says that you can plant your own plant, whichever you like." Jewel said while reading the brochure. "Let's do that Phoenix!" She exclaimed excitedly... Then she turned to him with an awkward look, like she remembered something. "Uhm...that would probably bore you. How about you do something else while you wait for me?"

"No, we can do it together." He said.

Her face brightened which made him smile. "Really? Wow...you're being too weird today. It's giving me the creeps."

He frowned. "Weird? What do you mean by that?"

Just how did he become weird to her?

"Well, first, you invited me here, then second, you've been agreeing to my every request since we got here." Then she chuckled. "Like, I couldn't believe that you just feed some fishes with your hand. I thought that it would gross you out."

"Is that how you think of me?" That hurt.

"Yeah...I thought that rich boys are like that."

"First, not all rich people think that way...Second, I'm not a boy Jewel."

"Right...sorry. I won't judge you anymore."

"Thank you." He said.

"We're here." Jewel said when they reached the area where the last activity is supposed to be held.

It is a greenhouse with lots of greeneries. They entered inside and they saw Mrs. Rickins wearing a gardener costume, complete with a hat, muddy yellow gloves and black boots.

"Oh...it's the newlyweds. Did you enjoy the place?"

"Oh yes...It's a really great place. Too bad you'll have to sell it." Jewel said, quite upset about the thought.

"Well...She's really old, as far as you could've noticed. But it's really okay. I'm sure that the soon-to-be-buyer will take care of the place."

"So you don't have a buyer yet?" He confirmed.

"Yes...I'm still looking for one. Anyway...are you here to do the final activity?"

Jewel nodded and the old lady smiled. "The gardening tools are on the shed over there, at the corner. The hoses are over there." She pointed beside the shed. They both nodded. "And the pots are over there in case you have decided the plants you want to plant. You can choose from any of the seedlings that we have. I have to go back to the cottage so I must leave you here. Is that alright?"