CHAPTER 15 - AMUSEMENT PARK

JEWEL WAS smiling from ear to ear as she zips up her sling-bag for her friendly date with her bestfriend. She is so ecstatic about finally getting a proper vacation since her arrival in New York. And now, she is finally ready with her simple pink t-shirt tucked into her jeans and a pair of black and yellow sneakers.

As usual, Phoenix already went ahead and went to his office much earlier today so they did not get a chance to see each other.

Filling herself up with excitement, she heads out of the pad and locks it before going out of the building and rides the cab she called earlier.

Charles was supposed to get her from the pad, but she insisted that they would individually go to the amusement park because it would seem inappropriate for a man escorting a married woman from her own home.

Sheesh...she still could not believe that she is actually married. Well, she really is not feeling it because there had been no communication between her and Phoenix for the past three weeks already and she could already imagine the next coming months to be exactly like that.

When the cab reaches the amusement park, she thanks the driver and hands over her fare with an additional tip for being an accommodating driver. They had a really nice talk during the ride as she asks about certain places in New York that they had passed and the driver answered nicely with some educational info.

She closes the door of the cab after waving goodbye to the nice driver then she excitedly faces the whole structure of the amusement park that she's been dreaming of going to when she was still a little girl.

She takes a large inhale of the ambiance and enjoyed the thrilled screams of the people in the roller coaster whom are probably regretting that they took that ride, as what she has always read in her books, and some other nerve-wrecking rides. And even though she had not yet entered the place, she could already smell the delicious aroma of the foods from the stalls lined up in the entire place. She can't wait to have a taste of each food. Hotdogs, corndogs, churros, cotton candies, sugarcoated apples, chocolate bananas, milkshakes, and many more. She knows there's a lot more.

Jewel then hurries to the entrance to get her all-around ticket where she can ride any ride that she wants.

She decided to meet up with Charles inside the amusement park and for now, she is going to fill up her eyes with all of the aesthetics of the place.

After getting her ticket, she finds a bench not far from the roller-coaster ride and sits there. She takes out her phone and calls Charles to check on when he is going to arrive.

Jewel got confused when Charles did not pick up right away, which is somewhat unusual. Oftentimes, he would pick up her calls immediately after a few rings.

Finally, Charles answered after her third trial of calling him.

"Hello Charles? Where are you now?"

"Uhm...Jewel...Uhh...What's the d---... oh right...the amusement park? Shoot! I totally forgot that it was today...Damn..."

Jewel's forehead creased in confusion.

"Jewel, I'm so sorry...like really sorry. This past few days have been really hectic because the peak season of the company is coming up...and so I was really busy. And I'm so sorry that I didn't pick up right away. I dozed off on my table cause in truth, I didn't haven't gotten any sleep for the past few days that I totally forgot about the date...and...and..." Charles sounded frantic and tired at the same time. She could feel that he is truly sincere with his apologies that Jewel couldn't even bring herself to get mad at him even for a little bit for not showing up for their friendly date.