CHAPTER 18 - DUEL

JEWEL IS still laughing while seeing her husband being laughed at by the toddlers who was also riding the carousel.

Phoenix has this serious look on his face while glaring at her, who was currently taking a video of him for her video collection. Well, she doesn't have one yet, but she is planning to make one about Phoenix's funny experiences when she gets home.

She is still filming him while her hand is on her mouth, trying to muffle the sound of her laughter while he is raising his pinky finger. He probably figured he can't do the other finger because of the kids around.

She raised her pinky too and twitched it.

The ride finished and he dismounted from the unicorn. The children waved goodbye at him and he gave a gentlemen courtesy to them before stomping towards her with a solid frown on his face.

"You were supposed to ride with me."

She stopped filming and puts the phone down.

"I know...But I can't just help myself in recording this once in a lifetime opportunity to film you in a carousel."

He just glared at her. "You better not show that video to anyone else or..."

She raised an eyebrow and grinned at him. "Or what?"

He was about to say something but realized that he doesn't really have that much power over her. He sucks in a loud amount of oxygen and, "Nevermind."

She just chuckled and remembered her request earlier when she asked him to ride the carousel alone. Of course, he strongly declined because what grown-up man would do that? But then, she used her only blackmailing skills on him so he couldn't say no.

She is not a blackmailer, but maybe she'll become one only to Phoenix.

"So, where do we go next?" She asked.

Phoenix thought for a while until a malicious grin formed his lips.

"Come on." Then he takes her hand and drags her to their next stop.

JEWEL LOOKS at Phoenix. "Really? A haunted house?"

The grinning Phoenix slowly turned to her, and his smile turned into a frown of disappointment when he saw her 'Are you kidding me' expression.

"Wait, you're not scared?"

"Fortunately...No... Wait, are you really expecting me to be like some girl who will shriek like a banshee when a creepy creature pops up, just to grab and cling onto men's muscles?" Then she stared at him suspiciously.

Phoenix fakes a cough and turned his head to a different direction. "Uh...no...I was just thinking that you should also check out the amusement park's famous haunted house."

'Hmmm.' He did say that, but she was not buying it. But since she is kinda excited on checking out the place, so she just let it go and enthusiastically urged him inside...

When they both got out of the haunted house...they both had deep frown on their faces.

"That was a bit boring..." Jewel commented.

"I agree. They call that haunted?" Phoenix added.

The actors and the props inside are way too obvious. She always thought that haunted houses were supposed to be really scary...at least on what she has seen on televisions...but maybe those were just exaggerations, because the place did not even make a single hair in her body stand up.