CHAPTER 37 - ALEX

JEWEL HAS always loved the way that Dash's silky fur and mane brush against her palms. She really missed this feeling. It's very relaxing and calming and just so...smooth and soft, that once she starts, she couldn't herself but touch Dash for hours.

Dash is a gift from Grandpa Fred. He was still a pony when she got him. Although she doesn't really know why Grandpa Fred gave her Dash, but she just accepted it since he insisted and she fell in love with Dash the moment she saw him.

She kept on clinging to Dash when she felt a pair of arms snaking around her waist and pulling her away from Dash, leaving her hands in the air and Dash neighing madly.

She turned to see who the culprit was and saw that it was none other than her husband with scrunched up eyebrows.

"What are you doing Phoenix?"

"Nothing... it's just that you've been clinging to the horse too much."

Jewel frowned. "What's wrong with that? I just missed him so much. I haven't seen him in forever, you know. Also, his name is Dash...okay...don't just call him 'the horse,' it's really weird."

"Fine, sorry." He said without unwrapping his hands from her. "You said that there was something wrong with him. Isn't that why we came here? The ho---...I mean Dash seems perfectly fine to me."

She thought about that. She remembered Grandpa Fred saying that something happened to Dash and that she needed to be here, ASAP! Though, grandpa didn't say if it was something bad. She just panicked because Grandpa was also panicking during that time.

Why did Grandpa want her to come to the villa so urgently?

And Phoenix is right, as she observes Dash, he looks steady and really healthy.

'So what might be the problem?' She thought.

And as if someone just heard her question, a familiar man, with no shirt covering his ripped, well-toned six-pack abs body, wearing a cowboy hat and a pair of dirty blue loose jeans, hanging low on his waist, was brisk walking towards them with an overjoyed grin on his lips.

Then all of a sudden, the man disappeared from Jewel's vision as a hand covered her eyes. Then she felt Phoenix's breath near her right ear, raising the hairs on the back of her head.

"Don't look at him, damn it!" He whispered.

"Huh? What are you talking about? That's Alex. I know him." She said, trying to remove Phoenix's hand covering her eyes, but the man didn't budge. "Phoenix..." She whined.

"Jewel? Is that really you?" She heard Alex say.

"Yeah it's me...the one and only. Phoenix, please remove your hand." She pleaded.

"Not until this Alex wears something on." Phoenix said in an annoyed tone. What is he so mad about?

"It's as if it's my first time seeing half-naked people, duh. Now remove."

"Don't worry Sir, I'll find a shirt." Alex said.

Thankfully, Phoenix finally removed his hand from her face but Alex was already out of sight.

"Where's Alex?" She asked.

"Trying to find a shirt." Phoenix replied, still in a sour tone as he removed his hand from her eyes.

"Seriously Phoenix, did you really think that I'm going to ogle at someone else's body? My brain's already fully loaded with yours." She blabbered which she instantly regretted as soon as she was the sly grin appearing on her husband's face. Blood rose to her face creating heat.