CHAPTER 24 - MYOSOTIS SLYVATICAS

Side story 6. - Fluttering Memories (Grace and Felix)

WITH A picnic basket on his hand, Felix was walking with a cheerful expression as he travels hand-in-hand with his girlfriend. Both were marching along the path through a bunch of trees in the forest to reach the plain field perfect for their planned picnic.

He is smiling from ear to ear. He couldn't contain his happiness. He has been planning this picnic with Grace for a long time now. And today, after so many days of "busyness," they are finally able to make it happen.

They reached the end of the seemingly long walk in the middle of the woods and see at last the scene of the vast green grasses, different blue-small flowers - which he has no idea what is called-, and the breathtaking view of the sea. The breeze blew and they were able to inhale the oxygen, not polluted with the daily gasses of life.

"Wow Felix, I can't believe that a place like this actually existed. It was better than the photos on the blog that we saw. It feels like a place that could only exist in dreams." Grace commented as she closed her eyes and appreciates everything. There is very satisfied smile on her lips.

Seeing her smile, he knew he made the right decision to cancel some important bothersome schedules. He will do anything just to maintain that smile on her lips.

"I'm glad that you liked it." He said. "Because I literally scanned the Google maps just to specifically find this place."

Of course that's not true, he just asked his secretary for a recommendation about a great destination for a picnic.

"Oh? I didn't know you know how to use the maps?"

"Babe..." He whined and pouted like a kid.

Grace laughed, making him smile. She really loves teasing him as much as he loves teasing her. And he is enjoying every moment of it.

"So where should we set? I'm kind of hungry from all of that hiking. "

"Hmmm..." He scanned the area to see where the perfect spot could be. Luckily, he found the right one under a giant oak tree. Its shade is just the perfect spot to see the whole scenery and the spectacular horizon. "There babe...under that oak tree." He pointed out using his hand holding the basket.

They went to the tree and set everything up. Once the picnic was ready, they sat down and enjoyed the food while talking to each other about random things they could think of, completely forgetting their busy city lives and problems and only caring about the moment they have with each other.

FELIX CONTENTLY watched Grace play across the fields of some tall grasses in the plain field. Half of the field is filled with plain mowed-like green grasses while some part of it across have grown really tall grasses with tons of butterflies flying over them.

He, on the other hand, stayed under the oak tree, sitting on the picnic blanket, propping one of his arm on his knee, while the other is planted flat on the ground, and his back resting on the bark of the trunk.

He was very satisfied to see Grace happily chasing the butterflies, running and jumping all around like a kid. Her brunette wavy hair is flowing along with the breeze and her yellow sundress dancing along the rhythm of the wind.

Seeing her this happy, makes him not want to leave this place and just stay here forever, with her. He could imagine himself with Grace, on a house, together with their kids, watching the beautiful scenery he's seeing right now while the sun is saying hello to the world. That would be amazing.

He closed his eyes and takes in the fresh air of the mountains. He wanted to sleep, but he doesn't want to take off his eyes from his girlfriend. But maybe because of the exhaustion that he felt, that he wasn't able to prevent his self from taking a short nap.