CHAPTER 21 - HOME 2

THE BABY Jewel was being placed in the middle of the living room on a fluffy, really comfortable mattress, surrounded by so many soft pillows and plushies to make sure that she won't bump to anything hard anytime, anywhere. And little Phoenix is beside her, staring and guarding her the moment she was placed in there while their parents are on the navy green velveteen couch set, not that far away from them.

He doesn't understand why, but watching Jewel is really satisfying to him. He cannot get enough of her cuteness. He wants to be glued to her so much that he thinks taking care of Jewel is going to be his hobby.

He was flat on his stomach and his cheek is propping to his crossed arms as he ogle at her. He lifts his arms and used his index finger to slightly tap her cute little nose. Then she lets out a cute little sneeze which made Phoenix chuckle before returning to his position and settled on staring at his newly found treasure.

"AWWW...DON'T they just look so adorable together." Martgarette commented as she watches the two little children bonding with each other. She was actually glad that her son found something...or more like someone to moon about, and not just those books that his grandpa lets him borrow.

Being smart at a young age is not bad, but she also wants her son to enjoy his childhood as well.

They were in the couch set just a few feet from the two kids. Beryl and Jim are sitting together in the longer couch, side-by-side while Margarette is sitting on a single couch with a glass circular table, with forget-me-not flowers placed artistically on a fancy porcelain vase.

"Yes...I agree." Beryl said. "I'm so glad that we found another person to help us look after Jewel. At least she has a guaranteed friend now. And I'm sure that Phoenix would be a huge help."

"Yeah, as long as he doesn't hog over Jewel too much." Jim said sarcastically making the ladies around him laugh. "By the way, where's Red?" Jim asked when he noticed that Margarette's husband is not in the area.

"Oh, he was with dad." She said referring to her father-in-law. "They were discussing business again, which is of course, out of my own understanding. But they said that they will be joining with us for dinner."

"Great...It's been a year already, we have to catch up with the basketball critics we missed."

Jim and Red likes evaluating basketball games because they were both part of the basketball team back when they were still university students.

"Yeah, he did mention that a while ago. So, how was the first time parenting?" Margarette asked he couple.

"Surprisingly, it was rather easy for us." Beryl answered. "I thought that it was going to be really hard and stressful just like we've always heard. Like people don't get enough sleep, or that they're constantly stressing out on how to calm a fussy baby. But none of that really happened to us. Jewel has been really well behaved." She said which was being agreed on by her husband. "But of course, she does cry like a normal baby."

Margarette chuckled. "Of course she does." Then she looks to where the children are. "Oh look...They both fell asleep."

Phoenix is sound asleep besides baby Jewel while one of his arms is wrapped protectively around her. He must've been really sleepy after reading all of those books. She could not help but squeal inside because of how cute they look together. She doesn't really want her excitement to be let out because it might provoke Jewel's overprotective father who was currently glaring at her son.

Beryl noticed her husband's glare. "Oh come now Jim... Don't glare at him like that."

Jim sighed. "I couldn't help it. There is a boy near my princess. I'm a little bit alarmed."