CHAPTER 30 - BLANKET

JEWEL TIGHTENED her grip on the blanket, not allowing him to see her current state. She is not going to let her see her face like this because she knows that he's going to tease her again for sure...

But her husband really is a stubborn human being and kept on taking the blanket from her.

"Come on Jewel...don't be stubborn...take the blanket off." He said as he continued his assault on her.

Jewel tried her best not to give in and clamped harder on the piece of cloth, however, since he was a man and thus naturally stronger than her, Phoenix managed to successfully remove the blanket from her so she immediately turned her head away so he wouldn't see her red face.

But Phoenix was persistent, and made her face turn towards him no matter how much she tried to pry off from him. And he was able to see her reddening face.

"You know what? Let's just go to bed." Then she turned to the digital clock beside the television. "Oh...look at the time...It's past my bedtime." She said and pretended to yawn and stood up from the sofa. But Phoenix yanked her arm back to sit beside him.

He looked at her with one eyebrow raised. "It's only nine-thirty...and what bed time? You don't have one wife."

Yep...what a stupid excuse. She thought that she was going to escape with that one.

"Tell me...what were you really doing? And why is your face all red...all I did was kiss you on the---..." Then his face suddenly lit up as if he just realized something. "Oh...I see..." Then a sly smile appeared her lips.

"Did you happen to remember what we did earlier?" He said teasingly.

Jewel mentally slapped her forehead. Looks like she could not escape from this anymore. "Fine...yes...I remembered that. So what? It's not a big deal, right?"

Phoenix intently looks at her with his alluring eyes, then his gaze went downwards...to her lips. Her heart started to beast fast and her throat suddenly becomes dry that she tried to swallow some air to calm herself when he licked his own lips.

If he continues on staring at her that way, she'll keep on tensing up. It's making her uncomfortable, but at the same time, it's also starting to heat up something inside her that she knows that shouldn't be.

And her face is getting hotter all of a sudden, again!

"It's probably a big deal for you because you were the one hiding under a blanket."

"Psh...that's---"

He did not let her finish her.

"Also, it's a big deal cause...you, my wife...is a clumsy kisser..."

"Clumsy?" She gasped, a little offended.

"Yeah...clumsy...even during our wedding... you didn't know the first thing about kissing. It was...a really clumsy kiss. And that was further proven at the greenhouse." He said as he inched his face closer to hers. His face is so close that his breath is fanning her lips.

She moved herself to increase their gap but he only continued teasing her by moving himself closer until she was lying on the sofa while he is above her, pinning her with his muscled arms.

"So what if I'm a clumsy kisser...that was my first kiss okay..." She finally admitted, persuading herself that it is not a big deal. Besides, there is no point in keeping that hidden.

Phoenix looks at her with a shocked and confused expression. "What?" He asked.

"What, what?"

"I'm your first kiss?" He asked as if confirming something.