CHAPTER 10 - BREAKFAST

Side story 2. - Fluttering Memories (Grace and Felix)

TWO MONTHS. It's been two months since the accident which caused Felix fall into a coma. Two months of taking care of him. And two months has passed, but there was still no sign of him waking up.

Mrs. Davidson waved goodbye at Grace as she leaves for the office. Mrs. Davidson never missed a day to visit her son and check on him.

She really wanted to be the one to take good care of him and be the first to see him open his eyes again, but that seems to be impossible because her husband and the company needed her. There are a lot of employees that they have to look after to. Besides, she said that she trusts her so much that it is making her less worry because she knows that her son is in good hands.

And for two months, she did all her best to not let Mrs. Davidson down.

Felix is starting to get better. His bruises are starting to fade away and it's only a matter of time before the doctors give the go signal to remove all of his casts. The bandage on his head was already removed so his sleek blonde hair is visible again.

Now all she needs to do is to wait for his green eyes to open again.

In her every day of watching him, she would always have a one-sided conversation with him. The doctors said the people in coma can still hear some things and she believed that, so whenever she is done with all of her routines with him, she would talk to him for hours about her day, how his parents misses him, how his employees wishes him to go back to work again, and specially her... on how she would like to serve her boss again.

So despite being in a boring hospital room everyday, she never felt bored because she has someone to talk to.

However, there was still one thing that is not right for the last two months.

Carissa never visited Felix.

She never saw her visit him even once or call about her ex-boyfriend's situation. Not even any news that she called Felix's parents about his condition.

It's like she has disappeared for good out of Felix's life. She never heard any news about her ever since.

And she actually pitied Felix because of that. It's like the love of his life completely forgotten him for good.

What on earth is Carissa thinking leaving him like this? Even if they broke up, she could at least check out on him even for a moment.

Her boss's situation about his ex-girlfriend is starting to piss her off.

SHE IS currently changing the flowers in the porcelain vase placed on Felix's window. Freshly bought sunflowers to brighten up the room and enlighten the atmosphere. She's hoping that this would at the very least, help Felix in some ways.

After she's finished, she sits back beside his bed and stared at him just like she always did for the past eight weeks. She observes his soft breathing and how his chest slowly rises up and down as the monitor beside his bed beeps.

"Hi Sir Davidson...it's been two months already...how are you holding up?" She started her usual conversation with him.

Obviously, there was no response, but she still continued because it calms her down. And somehow, she could imagine that he was listening all the time.

She is going to take this chance to talk to him this way because once he wakes up, she knows that they are going to get back to their casual way of talking, like normal officemates.