CHAPTER 16 - AMUSEMENT PARK 2

"SO THE expansion of this place is planned to be finished next year, am I right?" Grandpa Fred asked the head engineer who they contracted for their next project.

Phoenix is currently in a tent with the engineering team his grandfather hired for the extension of the amusement park as a project.

He didn't really know what his grandpa just ate when he bought the place but he is not really comfortable in these types of projects. He is more into modernly mature projects like renovating resorts, making airports, or expanding their automobile business and not into projects like building new rides for a silly amusement park.

"Yes sir...the blue prints are all ready, same with the designs for the rides." The head engineer replied.

"Good...good..." Grandpa seemed really excited about this. He could almost see him grin. "So keep up the good work and I'll be dealing with some of my other businesses." He said and left the engineering team who saluted to him before leaving them. He went outside of the tent and Phoenix followed after.

When they've gone outside, he was welcomed with the jolly atmosphere radiating from all over the place, the other colorful booths, the extreme rides, and happy people walking from every direction.

It was almost noon and the sun is almost at its highest peak which is why he is squinting his eyes as he watches the view because of too much heat and light.

But his grandfather was just standing on the hilltop, with his arms behind his back. His authoritative aura is always around him as always. It seems like he is not minding the heat at all as he was just standing there, taking a deep breath and scanning the entire place.

Phoenix stood beside his grandfather.

"Grandpa, why an amusement park? There are a lot of other more profitable projects where you could've used your money."

Granpa Fred took a small breath. "Well...let's just say that I am a bit sentimental and amusement parks are places that make many memories for people."

He didn't say anything after that.

He understands what his grandpa meant, but he felt like there was more to that statement than taking it by face value.

"Come. Since this place is ours, shall we take a stroll? It's been a long time since we visited a place like this." His granpa Fred said, smiling.

"Really grandpa? In this suit?" He asked, astonished as he looks at his clothes. Because who on earth would wear business suits when walking along the streets of an amusement park?

"As far as I can remember...there are dress codes for these certain kind of places." He said and then he started walking towards the crowd of joyous people enjoying the time of their lives.

Phoenix followed with a still confused mind about how his grandpa currently acts.

THE AMUSEMENT PARK never changed in Phoenix's perspective. It is still loud with every extreme ride has people screaming on them. All the children are all smiles while spending time with their parents...and that created a bitter taste in his mouth.

This is why he hates being in this sort of places... He would always feel cheated.

"Ah...this brings back a lot of memories... Do you still remember your favorite ride when you were still a kid?"

He suddenly glances at his grandpa, confused with that question. "What?"

"I guess, you don't remember that much anymore but you like the carousel the best when you were still a kid. We used to hang out in the amusement park when you were a toddler."