Call Your Girlfriend

W.C. - 2.2 k

This is a prologue to 'New Girlfriend' but I might make another version of it to give this a different ending...
————————————

"Call your girlfriend, it's time you had the talk." The laughter died down just the moment before Olga utters the words Alexia dreads. She knew that what she was doing was wrong, that going out with another woman when you were at home waiting at home for her was cruel. Yet she still did it.

"What?" Alexia watches as the girl beside her rolls her eyes, bringing her lukewarm drink up to her lips to take a quick sip. It doesn't soothe her dry throat, the saliva in Alexia's mouth turning thick and making it hard for her to accentuate her words.

"Don't play dumb with me Alexia, it doesn't suit you." Olga's eyes soften when she notices Alexia's almost crestfallen look, taking the Barcelona captain into her arms.

"I don't think I'm ready." Alexia mutters into the fabric of the other girl's dress, the badly lit pub barely letting her see her 'girlfriend' much less the judgemental look she gets from the bartender every time she looks in their direction.

"I don't want to be a secret anymore, I don't want to sneak around like this. And it's not fair to Y/n to keep this from her any longer, it's only going to hurt her more if we wait." Olga strokes the midfielder's hair, speaking carefully so as to not make her girlfriend feel any worse by the situation.

"I don't even know what I'm supposed to tell her, 'hey Y/n, I went behind your back and got into a relationship with another woman, hope you're okay with that because there's really not a lot you can do here, adios!'" Alexia is sarcastic when she replies to the woman currently holding her, running her hands over her face the moment Olga shifts her grip to settle on her arms instead of her back.

"No Alexia, just call her and say that you two need to talk, then just let your heart take over, she's going to understand what you're going through and accept it." Olga reassures the footballer softly, trying to get her to understand that she couldn't dictate what Alexia were to say to her official girlfriend.

"I don't think that she's just going to accept us and move on, I mean would you?" The deep breath that Olga lets out signals to Alexia that she knew exactly what it was she was doing, and that it wasn't working.

"Alexia, just do it, you don't have to do it out here, maybe go to the bathroom for some privacy." The football player nods her head confidently, picking up her phone and walking towards the bathroom with sure steps. Alexia has to reassure herself that her hands were shaking solely because of the alcohol coursing through her veins, and not because she was going to tell you about her affair.

Dialing your number was something she could do in her sleep by now, the familiar 10 digit number engraved into her brain with how many times she had used it. Her nail makes a cracking noise when she chews on it, the loud tone her phone gives out as it waits for you to pick up the phone is slightly more anxiety inducing than the quiet atmosphere of the bathroom.

"Amor? Has something happened? Do I need to pick you up somewhere?" Your voice was full of sleep, a groan slipping past your lips as you stretch, the uncomfortable couch basically a substitute for your bed by now. You wanted to stay up and wait for her every time she went out, no matter if she told you not to.

"No, no you don't have to pick me up anywhere, but uhhh...we need to talk." Alexia's eyes shift to look at the different things drawn on the walls of the stall, a couple of phone numbers and a few doodles of random animals. Anything not to look at her phone, that would be like looking straight into your eyes. She couldn't do that, not whilst knowing that she had cheated on you both emotionally and physically.