Chapter 4: Heart-to-Heart

"—Y/n?" The teacher stammers while stood frozen in disbelief. You were confused until you turned your head upwards and fall eyes to the man before you, only then realizing who it really was.

Standing before you was the man who you had a one night stand with—also the man that you were ironically wondering about last night. You failed to believe that this was reality.

You wanted to wipe yourself clean from this moment. Erase it all.

You sink it in. A few beats of silence as you did. "It's you.." You say. What else could you say? You didn't know his name and all you really remembered was the events that occurred when he was there.

"Wow.." He says as he takes a seat. You nod your head silently, still shocked that it truly was the man—fate had strange ways of revealing itself.

"I believe your Salem's parent?" He asks, typing on his computer whilst he did.

"Yes," You answer.

The man looks down and sighs in a way that makes him seem as if he were disappointed. Though disappointed wasn't necessarily the term— the man had assumed that if you had a child, you were most likely married. And if that was the case, then he would feel extremely guilty for causing a messy love affair in your life.

"I see," he says blankly. He opens up Salem's report card and clears his throat before beginning his words.

"Salem's a really good girl. She's pretty ahead of everybody in terms of academic excellence and she behaves well in class. I'm surprised that she has such well discipline especially giving that she is only 7 years old. As for now I don't have any concerns for her." He closes his laptop. ".. Any questions you would like to be addressed?" He asks, a little bit of awkwardness in his tone as he did. It's inevitable considering the rooms' dense air of apprehension.

You smile upon hearing her report, but slowly drop it as you finalize a question for him. One that didn't have to do with Salem because your worries about her were off the table now. "Just one," You say.

"Hmm." He fixes his wristwatch.

"... Do you want to talk later, maybe—later today?" You propose.

He turns to look at you. "Would your husband be alright with that?"

"Husband?"

"I would assume you're married yes?

"No, I'm not married." You debunk.

"Oh."

"So is it a yes or a no?"

He sighs. "I guess we do have a few things to talk about."

The way he looked right through your eyes were like all he could see in you was hollow envisions of your naked body over his. And who could blame him, it's probably the only thing he recalled of in that eventful one night stand. It was imprinted onto the walls of his brain and it wouldn't be easy to get rid of.

You gulp. "Okay, I'll give you my number so I can text you where to meet at later tonight."

"Sure."

~

After a long lasting struggle of trying to put Salem to sleep, she had finally fell into a slumber. It was a bad idea to give the 7 year old ice cream right before her bedtime however it did serve as a reward for her good work at school. You close her door and pull out your phone as you walk down the stairs. You notice a notification received by an anonymous number which you had assumed to be the man.

Hi

the message read.

You begin typing,

Hey. This is Salem's teacher I assume?