Chapter 3: They Meet Again

A week or two had passed by since that eventful night. You were convinced that it was just a chance encounter and that you'd never see the man again.. and you wanted it to be that way anyways. It was just a drunken one night stand that shouldn't have any effect on your daily life.

Yet.. somehow, these apparent thoughts still crossed your mind every now and then; What if you waited until he had awakened that morning? Would you have gotten his number so that you could stay in touch? Could it have become something more?

You were aware that it was too late to be considering these things. What's done is done. But it still bugs you even though you want to believe that you made the right decision.

"Mommy!" You hear a voice coming from upstairs which zaps you out of your thoughts. You walk up the stairs and towards your daughter's room.

"Yes?" You say as you open the door.

She looks at you and smiles. "You didn't forget the conference tomorrow did you?"

"Oh! It's tomorrow?" You ask as you look down at your phone. "Wow it's already Friday.."

"Yup! It's at 6:00 don't forget." She smiles. "Because I really want you to meet Mr. K"

"Mr... K?" You repeat as she nods enthusiastically. "Yeah!"

"I see." You say. She gets into bed and you tuck her in, kissing her forehead and wishing her a good night's sleep. You then close her door and head back to your bedroom.

You open the bathroom door and slide open the drawer that held your skincare. You take out a few items and lay drops of the serum on your skin. You haven't taken care of your skin in so long, yes you had the products for it but you just weren't that productive. Tonight however you figured to just do something for a change.

As you stared into the mirror while saturating the formula into your skin, your eyes fell onto your neck. There, laid 2 love marks from that night—still plump and red on your skin. You sigh. Your skin was sensitive and supple so it didn't help with speeding up the recovery process. You touched it with the tips of your fingers and got a unwavering remembrance of his tongue on you, like muscle memory. And each time you remembered it you felt more embarrassed about it.

Well embarrassing could be the wrong term however you just couldn't wrap your head around the feeling. You had so many questions for the man yourself and you often wonder if he still thinks about you too. Surely you left your fair share of hickeys on him, so does it serve as a reminder? You wondered if every time he saw the marks on his skin he would think about your whereabouts.

You close the drawer and switch the bathroom lights off, heading back to your bed and sliding under the sheets, a heavy sigh escaping from you. Something about you is that you sink too deep in your thoughts. And just now, you did exactly that. It shouldn't be to your care if the man ponders about you or not. He doesn't even know you that way and nor do you. You were just being stupid.

You switch the night lamp off and sink your head into the silk pillow, shutting your eyelids and putting yourself to sleep in a forceful manner to keep yourself from thinking anymore.

~

"Salem, wake up! I thought you only said you were going to take a nap, it's been 3 hours!" You look down at your wristwatch gasping as you realized it was already 5:45.

Salem finally awakens and you immediately hand her clothes. "Get changed. And hurry please!"

You close her door and grab your purse from your bedroom, heading down the stairs as you put your necessities inside. Salem had already changed and went to the bathroom to quickly wash her face.

"Oh, shit," You curse under your breath as the tips of your fingers tap your neck.

You nearly forgot to cover up your hickey.

You run back up the stairs, making it to your vanity and flipping through your makeup items to find a concealer.

You swatch a line of the product on your hickeys and tap it in with your fingers.

"Alright," You whisper to yourself as you place the concealer back inside of the drawer.

This will have to do.

A few minutes later Salem came downstairs and sat down on the dining table so you could do her hair. You didn't do too much with her hair, just a high ponytail with a ribbon to secure it in it's place.

"Okay, let's go." You say as you hurriedly walk out the door and lock it after Salem. You walk over to the car, get inside and start the engine then you pull out of the driveway.

It was to your luck that the school was a short 5 minute drive from your house, otherwise you would've been late to your daughter's conference. You park your car in the parking lot and help Salem out of the car, then the two of you make your way into the building.

"Are you excited?" Salem asks you.

"Yeah. I'm excited to know if my daughter behaves well in school or not."

"Trust me mommy, I do! And if teacher says good things about me can you buy me ice cream?"

"That's a deal." You smile.

Once in the building a few teachers led you to Salem's classroom. You noticed a little bit of a queue so you took a seat and waited until your turn to head inside arrived.

As you neared closer to the classroom entrance, a sign near the entryway caught your eye. Reading, "Parents allowed only" meant that Salem wouldn't be able to partake in the discussion with you and her teacher.

Which in hindsight is actually a benefit because the teacher could thus be more honest about her progress.

It was finally your turn to head into the classroom. You stand up and take your purse. You walk inside and look down at the ground until you made it to the desk, her teacher waiting for you and standing up to greet you with a handshake.

"Good afternoon, I'm Mr..."

Her teacher takes a glance at you, and cliffs his sentence to the disbelief he was seeing before himself.

"—Y/n?"