Chapter 18: Pillowtalk

a/n: i'm back!

my last finals are today, my birthday is this friday, feeling pretty motivated and i have some good news to share..

i'll be double posting as tomorrow is july 3rd (kento's birthday), so the birthday special will be out by then :)

thank you for 2k reads !!

_

The bedsheets are entwined into you and Kento's body by the time you are awake, it's almost impossible to slide out of them in one piece. But by the time you're out, you realize you're bare and immediately fall back under.

You rub your eyes with your index fingers and turn to your side, resting your head on the fluffy silk pillow. Your hair is loosely tied in a bun and your eyes are still adjusting to the broad daylight.

Kento is sleeping on the pillow beside yours. You smile a bit. You began to reminisce last night on repeat, every second of it. It felt so good to finally let go and let the universe hold you. It felt so right.

And what way to wake up is better than to the view of Kento in a slumber? Just how often were you able to see his features be in such a vulnerable and gentle state?

You slip your hands underneath your head. Your eyes were locked on his sleepy face. You were studying him and how tranquil he looked, careful not to disturb his peace. It was like that for 5 minutes. Just observing. You found so many small details and did silly things like counting the itty bitty moles on his face.

It was until he slowly opened his eyes that your gaze finally shifted away from his face. You look at the wall behind him, pretending as if you weren't creepily staring at him while he slept just a moment ago. He's sitting up and rubbing his eyes, his biceps contracting as he stretches his arms. Just like you, he was bare from head to toe, with only his boxers on which were hidden underneath the blankets that were veiling his legs.

His hair is a fluffy mess. You've never seen him in such a lazy state—with the exception of his coma days. He's usually in suits, and his hair always has a ridiculous amount of gel. You felt really exclusive in his life this way. You were able to see him in his work persona, and when he was a homebody. Your eyes shift back to him as he lays down on the pillows.

"Good morning," You say quietly. His head turns in your direction and his eyes flicker a light for a moment when he realized you were already awake.

"Good morning." He says, a little bit of startle hidden in his voice. He gets out of the bed and stretches properly, walking over to your table and sitting on the chair.

"Can you.." You ask, "Can you give me my top? And my underwear, too?"

He nods, rubs his eyes once more before picking up your clothes that ended up in a far place in your bedroom.

He sits back down on the edge of the bed, his back facing against you as you put on your clothes beneath the sheets. Then you're out of bed. You're walking over to him and sitting beside him. He notices your presence and welcomes you, his hands running through a few strands of your hair.

"How was your sleep?" He asks. His head is tilting a little bit to rest on your head, and his words are barely a whisper. You reply, "It was immaculate. And you?"

"I dreamed about you." He admits, so eccentrically, like it didn't embarrass him to admit it at all. "I dreamed about the same thing we did last night. But I wish it wasn't a dream."

"What makes you think it can't be reality?" You ask. "I can make it real. Very real."

You notice a curve forming on Kento's lips as he bites back the urge to just eat you alive right here with that sentence. He rubs a hand across his face, unable to suppress his smirk.