Chapter 21: Afterparty

cw: slight mature content

- this chapter will undergo some changes once i finish the book

_

You bought this lingerie a while ago but you never wore it because you never had anyone to wear it for.

But it occurs to you now that you should. Not only do you now have a fiancé now, which in all honesty you find hard to believe, but it's also his birthday too.

Why should you hold back?

You're staring in the mirror and you're quite frankly surprised on how perfect this lingerie piece fits you. You feel like it hits all the right places and emphasizes all the right details. It's a shame you didn't get to wear it sooner.

You hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, I'm coming in." A familiar voice says.

It's Kento.

-

You pulled your clothes back on and entered the home again as if nothing happened. You found Nobara and Yuji doing a handstand competition in the middle of the kitchen. It terrified you a little because you were afraid they'd knock down a glass. But their balance surprised you even more because they were both holding their weight on their hands with ease.

They made it look effortless.

Nobara, upside down, is grinning at Yuji. "I'm not even tired yet." She says confidently.

Yuji says, "I'm starting to feel dizzy.."

And within a matter of 5 seconds, his body collapses to the ground.

How long were they going for?

Nobara gets back on her feet and cleans her hands as if it was nothing. Meanwhile Yuji is fighting to regain blood circulation to his brain. And she's laughing at his effort.

Cute.

You then spot Shoko sitting on a chair nearby the foyer. You had a talk with her a couple of hours ago and you've been looking for her ever since. "Oh, Shoko, there you are!" You say. Her eyes are drifted. from her phone and onto you. "Oh, hey." She puts her phone down.

Your eyes caught onto the lining of a cigarette box in her pockets. It gives you a little bit of deja vu in both good and bad ways. You give her a half smile. "Wanna go out?" You ask her, shifting your vision from her face to her pocket. She knows what you're implying and winks. "You bet."

-

"And after he was released, his whole demeanor changed, you know? He was like a whole new person. A better person, if you may. But all in all, I'm just glad that he's better."

You put the cigarette Shoko lended you in between your pursed lips, whereas she takes hers out, and exhales. "I mean, clearly. He proposed to you today. Let me see that ring girl."

You're practically beaming at the suggestion. You show off your ring like it's the best thing you own (it most likely is), and she smiles.

"$3000," She says. "$3000 on your finger. How do you feel?"

"Not gonna lie, I'm feeling a little like Kim K." You say, sarcastically. She chucks out a laugh.

It's been a while since you've ever been able to loosen up with a girl. 3 years? Or 4, maybe. In this day and age, everybody is just too judgmental. You find it pointless to make friends. Shoko's different. She doesn't judge you for who you are or were in the past or in the present. She accepts you for you. She listens and she's such a calm and collected person. A person you could have an easygoing conversation with at any time of day.